Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kansas City Area Body shop/restoration shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
442nd914s
I'm in the search for a good body shop in the KC area or within a reasonable driving distance. Most of the body shops in my home town don't do "restoration" jobs (so I've been told by all of them). I guess they rather deal with quick insurance claims than cash on hand WTF.gif
Here are my trouble spots:
Drivers side B pilar
Drivers door jamb
Both jack points
Front right fender
Not only would welding be needed, but paint work also.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Thanks for y'alls help
1988Hawk
QUOTE(442nd914s @ May 12 2013, 08:11 PM) *

I'm in the search for a good body shop in the KC area or within a reasonable driving distance. Most of the body shops in my home town don't do "restoration" jobs (so I've been told by all of them). I guess they rather deal with quick insurance claims than cash on hand WTF.gif
Here are my trouble spots:
Drivers side B pilar
Drivers door jamb
Both jack points
Front right fender
Not only would welding be needed, but paint work also.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Thanks for y'alls help

If you're near Liberty Mo, Gerald Wicklund does excellent work (Carstar).
rick 918-S
PM "Kanas914" Mike Moorman. He has a guy that worked on his Willow car.

Now here's my advice. If that is a nice running car use it to transfer the parts to a better chassis. There are a couple rollers in the classifieds right now that would take far less work to repair and paint.

Here's why I say that. The shop will have to strip the car to the shell anyway. During the process the car very very likely sag or break in half. If they are not 914 saavy this will likely freak the guy out. The cost to repair that car will be well over the cost to purchase a better roller, ship it to the shop, have repairs completed and transfer your parts from your runner.

After working on cars and owning a shop for over half my life I think I'm posting from experience. Do as you want but that's the direction I would steer you if you came to my shop.
Cairo94507
Or you could ship it +- 1,100 miles to Charles City VA to Scotty B and know it will be done correctly.
Axel
Nice to have you in town.
Don't have an answer for body work, I'm still trying to find a good mechanic for anything I'm not willing to tackle.
442nd914s
I took a better picture. Is this as bad as it looks? Or is there hope?Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914itis
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 12 2013, 09:35 PM) *

PM "Kanas914" Mike Moorman. He has a guy that worked on his Willow car.

Now here's my advice. If that is a nice running car use it to transfer the parts to a better chassis. There are a couple rollers in the classifieds right now that would take far less work to repair and paint.

Here's why I say that. The shop will have to strip the car to the shell anyway. During the process the car very very likely sag or break in half. If they are not 914 saavy this will likely freak the guy out. The cost to repair that car will be well over the cost to purchase a better roller, ship it to the shop, have repairs completed and transfer your parts from your runner.

After working on cars and owning a shop for over half my life I think I'm posting from experience. Do as you want but that's the direction I would steer you if you came to my shop.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.