Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 1.7 half done race prep project.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
BMXerror
Click to view attachment
So, it's time. I've decided to sell my beloved 914. This car was in the process of being turned into a D Prepared SCCA autocross car until 2-1/2 years ago when I got picked up by a race team. Since then my life has accelerated to a ridiculous speed and I don't have time to "finish" it. I would rather sell it than see it sit any longer. So...
The Rundown:
1970 1.7 with a very minor build and SDS EM-4f programmable injection/ignition. Side shift conversion. Koni yellows on all 4 corners. Paragon Coilovers in the back w/200lb springs. Stock torsion bars in the front with bearing mounted Speedway Engineering 1" hollow swaybar. Needs body work. Not the straitest frame in the world (has a '75 right front fender), but relatively rust free. I'm sure it could be made pretty nice by someone who is willing to do a full strip down, or finding a clean roller and swapping parts over. 4-1 Headers also available, but not installed. (If interested see below for more details.) $4000 $3500 OBO
Please PM me if interested, as I don't check in on the classifieds often.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

:Details:
The Good:
Engine:
-1.7 liters with AA euro pistons and milled heads. 9.4:1 compression
-Web 440 MP camshaft (.413 lift, 260 deg duration)
-Deep sump kit
-External 96 plate oil cooler with thermo bypass and thermostatically controlled fan.
-Lathe turned flywheel down to 12lbs. Kennedy clutch with low miles.
-SDS EM-4F Programmable injection and crank fired ignition. ($1500 new plus options and installation)
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
-4-1 header with 1-5/8 primaries and stub pipes also included. I forgot the brand, but I hadn't installed it because it won't work with the deep sump. I was considering going to a tunacan setup instead.

Suspension:
-Koni Yellows on all four corners
-Speedway engineering 1" Hollow swaybar on bearing mounts with custom machined arms and Weltmeister drop links.
Click to view attachment
-Spherical bearing decambered upper strut mounts. We're not talking a lot of camber here. -1.5 degrees
Click to view attachment
-Paragon Products rear coilover kit with 200lb springs
Click to view attachment
-Stock T-bars in front. Was planning to go up in spring rate all around, but didn't get to it.

Chassis:
-Stripped interior with aluminum dash and Sparco Pro 2000 seat.
Click to view attachment
-Last weigh in was 1921 lbs.
-VDO CHT, Oil Press, Oil Temp, and PLX AFR gauges.
-PLX system tied into SDS for AFR datalogging.
Click to view attachment
-CFR stainless steel fuel lines.
-Braided stainless brake lines
Click to view attachment

The Bad:
-4-lug. Not necessarily bad. Fully functional as is. Lightweight. But it does limit you on wheels and brakes.
-Car was apparently hit in the RF corner because it has a fender from a '75. As such, it's not a perfectly true, strait frame.
-A couple rust spots. Just below the seats was pretty bad so I fabbed up some custom floor panels. Other than that, there's a small Flintstones portion on the passenger side. Also, the rearmost portion of the rear trunk has some rust. Longs and hell hole don't look too bad.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
-Bondo sections on rear trunk lid and right front fender near A-pillar.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
-1st gear is getting pretty chunky. It's got some time left on it, but could use a refresh within the next few thousand miles. I've driven worse. I was planning have the trans apart to put an LSD in anyways.
-Exhaust is in bad shape and I suspect it's very restrictive. They're stock headers with the heater boxes cut off. You could probably unlock a fair bit of power by going to some sort of header.

If I were going to take this to the next level, I would try to find a strait, 5-lug roller and swap the parts over.

The Ugly:
This car has a lot of custom wiring and no wiring diagrams to go with it. I would have loved to clean it up a bit and draw up some diagrams before selling it, but I've been planning to do so for 6 months and the car has just sat. As I said, I don't have any time. However, everything is fully functional as it sits, and I would be more than willing to help out a buyer with tracing wiring on potential mods.
Click to view attachment

This car is not perfect, but it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. If someone has the time and devotion to continue the project, I would bet it could be seriously fast and fun.
Mark D.
BMXerror
icon_bump.gif Make me an offer.
Mark D.
7TPorsh
Did you mention you have an extra header? ....for sale separate?
BMXerror
icon_bump.gif Price reduced.
Mark D.
carr914
Don't do it - put it away for a Rainy Day
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.