Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 15x7 Panasports on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

These are the proper 130x4 lug pattern. My panasports have 4 and 7/8ths backspacing, and I had to roll my rear fenders slightly. Considering these go for $240 each in 4x130 pattern, it could possibly be a good deal.
cha914
so, with 4.5 inch back spacing on the ebay ones, you would have to seriously roll the fenders, or none at all?...I always get confused when trying to picture backspacing...

I love the look of the panasports on our cars...just too cheap to buy them right now tongue.gif

Tony
skline
What was so special about these? I think they look like the EMPI wheels. Are they super light or something? Really strong? Are they lighter than the FUCHS? I never cared for the EMPI wheels and to me, these look just like them.
Aaron Cox
wicked light! chuck them a mile happy11.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 26 2004, 10:10 AM)
What was so special about these? I think they look like the EMPI wheels. Are they super light or something? Really strong? Are they lighter than the FUCHS? I never cared for the EMPI wheels and to me, these look just like them.

look like Empis?? no f'n way, the 8 spoke empi rims are cheap knockoffs of Minilights, if anything, the Panasports are Minilight copies (well made units)

Lighter than the Fuchs??

Nope, but they are 1.5" wider, so no real far comparison (the Panasports have an advantage with the extra width if you can run them in your class if racing)

with the 4.5 backspacing, you might have to roll the fenders a tad, since I think 5" backspacing is near ideal for a 7" wide rim
Carlitos Way
So what is a "fair" price for these?
Brad Roberts
The 15X6 RACING panasport is the same weight as a 15x5.5 Fuchs 2.0 alloy.

B
Mueller
QUOTE(cmolina @ Nov 26 2004, 01:38 PM)
So what is a "fair" price for these?

$800 for the set would be a good price...anything less than that would be a steal smile.gif

figure no taxes, no shipping (for us locals)....
type47fan
Not that anyone really cares, however, I feel compelled to clarify. . . . the reference to "empis" has gone the way of "kleenex" and "coke". Genuine EMPI 8 spoke wheels were a two piece alloy wheel of quality and were copied and mass produced by American Eagle (AE) in the configuration most people are now familiar. A side by side comparison would yield readily apparent and obvious differences.

I still have the set of EMPIs I bought in 1970 for my then new '71 Super Beetle. I bought them at the time because they were somewhat unique. I was disappointed when the style was mass produced by AE.

I have transferred them from the various VWs to 914s I've owned over the years and must admit that I still really like them. . . but to each his own.

Thanks for listening. . . .
ChrisReale
Shit, Bernbomb is the high bidder and at $300 the reserve has been met. Somebody is getting a wicked deal. Go Bernie! clap56.gif
Carlitos Way
I'd like to get them... but I think they're going to sell for more than I can afford at present... so... good luck!!!
anthony
Somebody is getting a wicked deal.

Don't get too excited - there's almost 5 days left of bidding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.