Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Screensaver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
I was messing around and made a new 914 Windows background or screensaver. I prefer dark and subtile backgrounds on my computer. It looks much better when blown up to full screen size instead of what you see below. If you like it, you can download various sizes here:

http://members.rennlist.com/demick/screensaver.html
Demick
I made if from a picture of Mike Muellers old blue 916 look-alike.
Jenny
Very cool.... I've set it already to my desktop at work. Thanks! boldblue.gif clap56.gif

Jen
Curvie Roadlover
excellent!! aktion035.gif
Aaron Cox
way cool! desktop has been updated! mueba.gif
Brad Roberts
Damn.. Demick.. you knew about that car ??

That pic was taken at Chungs place in Half Moon Bay.

B
Aaron Cox
i have no experinece w/ aftermarket fg bumpers. but that looks remarkably like a 916 rear bumper w/ the stairway like seam (do all fg 916 bumpers come like that) i dont think andys bumper has that.
also, what mirrors are those

(arrowed for easier viewing-! biggrin.gif )
Mueller
IPB Image

I could only find one picture of it before it got taken away to it's new home in LA.

Yes, it had the fugly bumpers...in fact the front fender and rear spoiler had been at the SSI swapmeet for sale. (Jim Cooper bought these parts from me before I gave the car away)
Mueller
Not sure what mirrors they are, but they are sitting on a shelf in perfect condition (plastic housings)
seanery
Andy's car doesn't have them because his f & r bumpers have been massaged and glassed (?) into the existing fenders and quarters so they are seamless.
Aaron Cox
didnt quite answer my question fully:

do all the 916 bumpers have the "step" where it meets the body? or just the good reproductions.

your car sits pretty hig in the rear on that last pic- why did you sell/give it away?
Mueller
I think they all have that "step"

The car in the picture had no motor or trans....the car had too much rust for me to deal with...I've seen worse bought for thousands more..it is repairable, supposedly the new owner is thinking of selling it from what I heard.
Demick
Since the car had no motor/tranny in it, it was sitting up like a high-rider. So I 'lowered' it when I did screensaver version

Demick
krk
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 20 2003, 04:27 PM)
I think they all have that "step"

The car in the picture had no motor or trans....the car had too much rust for me to deal with...I've seen worse bought for thousands more..it is repairable, supposedly the new owner is thinking of selling it from what I heard.

Mike, this idea of keeping a motor in a car.... now I don't mean to pry... but .. well... nah... forget it.

mueba.gif

kim.
Gint
Thanks Demick! I'm using it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.