Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
Who stocks the rubber "grommets" for the 914. I need the ones for the piping thru the tins, the drains etc.
Rhodes71/914
icon_bump.gif

I'm bumbing this cause I would like to know as well.
hargray2
Most any hardware store. They are usually in drawers near the specialty fasteners.
SGB
I failed at the hardware store but the FLAPS (autozone in this case) had a bunch of different sized really big grommets actually for PVC valves that I managed to mach up pretty close to the holes for battery cable and alternator harness. O still haven't figured out what to do for the Jpipes. They gotta get really hot I think...
914werke
Ive asked this before but never got much (any) of a reply.
Has anyone had any experiance w/the "Complete" rubber kits offered by Tweeks and the like?
These are the ones that cost a bazillion dollars but claim to have "Every" rubber part on the car included.
There are two versions one OE and one repro for 3-4 hun. less.
For someone doing a ground up or a concours restoration it mighyt be worth it but ..every? unsure.gif
maf914
QUOTE(newdeal2 @ Nov 26 2004, 05:41 AM)
Who stocks the rubber "grommets" for the 914. I need the ones for the piping thru the tins, the drains etc.

A lot of the rubber grommets and rubber boots for the T4 engine tin can be bought through VW dealers. I used the 914 Pet parts list to record all of the part numbers and names for these that I could figure out and then went to the local dealer. I lucked out and found a helpfull parts tech who took the time to look up all of the numbers and order them for me.

The T4 was used in many VW's and buses. Unfortunately there are some differences between all of the applications. The parts numbers for the 914 pieces are all VW numbers. I was not able to find the numbers for the grommets in the rear vertical sheet metal panel, but my originals were still usable for those. I was able to replace the grommets and boots in the left, right and front sheet metal pieces, including the heater tube grommets and the oil pressure sensor boot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.