Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermostat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
What area of the engine, is the thermostat located at on a Subaru, 2004 WRX, 2.0?

And any pictures?

The reservoir on top of the engine when warming up is spilling fluid into the plastic overflow tank till it overflows. I'm wondering if the thermostat is sticking, as I have been told it could be the problem as to why it is backing up??
ruby914
QUOTE(partwerks @ May 13 2013, 07:02 PM) *

What area of the engine, is the thermostat located at on a Subaru, 2004 WRX, 2.0?

And any pictures?

The reservoir on top of the engine when warming up is spilling fluid into the plastic overflow tank till it overflows. I'm wondering if the thermostat is sticking, as I have been told it could be the problem as to why it is backing up??

IIRC Bottom, left coolant hose outlet.
Could be you have air in the system. That's always my problem.
RonW
im assuming this motor is in a 914. make sure you have a bleed line from the radiator turbo tank so trapped air in the radiator can be purged.
partwerks
I got the problem resolved. I just had a radiator guy solder in a petcock to help let some of the air out. Working good now!!
injunmort
really?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.