Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Christmas Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
This will be the first year I dont go on vacation away to some far off land over the holidays and therefore, I will be decorating my house with lights and stuff. If you can, post pictures of your house with it all decorated. I am looking for ideas on what to do. I ordered a bunch of LED Christmas lights for the front. They use 80% less electricity than regular lights. Some neighborhoods have competitions to see if they can make them really stand out.
Mrs. K
I am so proud to be the first post on this
thread, mainly because this is the first
time EVER that I got my lights up before
Dec. 1st!! biggrin.gif
Nothing that special, but the kids love it,
and so do I ! wub.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
Alison Baker
Very nice Lisa ! smilie_pokal.gif
anderssj
That's great Lisa! Now all you need is a little snow to cover up the lawn wink.gif--I'm sure the kids would love that too.

When it comes to Christmas lights, I'm in the "anything goes" school. Here's my sister's place in MN (Christmas 2000)--her ex- used to go wild with this stuff.

Best,

Steve A-
Mrs. K
Thanks, Steve and Alison,
but I am a born and raised So Cal gal,
and I love it when it is always clear and sunny
on New Years Day when the Rose Parade is on TV.
Do ya think it pisses off the folks in Minnesota? lol2.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
Otmar
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Nov 28 2004, 07:37 PM)
first time EVER that I got my lights up before
Dec. 1st!!

Well done Lisa!

Ours are just a few strings of the old big ones tied together.
But why take them down? We put ours up about ten years ago and now we plug them in to create the instant party. biggrin.gif
I should check them out though, last time I plugged them in the outlet threw sparks. ohmy.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Otmar @ Nov 28 2004, 09:26 PM)

I should check them out though, last time I plugged them in the outlet threw sparks.  :o

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Oh no! You better check them out!
Don't want the 914 to burn up! w00t.gif

Lisa chatsmiley.gif
Mrs. K
icon_bump.gif
OK everyone....only 13 days till Christmas!
Show us your lights!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Lisa clap56.gif
Howard
Crappy pic, but you get the idea.
Mrs. K
Well done, Howard! smilie_pokal.gif
Is that Suzie?

Lisa clap56.gif
Howard
Yup, it's the Soozster. Put her on the lawn so slits would feel at home biggrin.gif

The neighbors didn't think it was too funny finger.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Howard @ Dec 14 2004, 06:47 PM)
Yup, it's the Soozster. Put her on the lawn so slits would feel at home biggrin.gif

chairfall.gif Oh boy, can't wait to read Ron's reply! lol3.gif

Lisa w00t.gif
Alison Baker
////////
Alison Baker
Alison Baker
///////////
Alison Baker
//////////////
SpecialK
Pretty much my feeling's about this time of year!
MattR
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Nov 28 2004, 07:20 PM)

But you root for the giants? lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

I try to throw up a string of lights across my bedroom window during finals to get me in the holiday spirit, but I didnt have time this year sad.gif. Bah humbug.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(MattR @ Dec 14 2004, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Nov 28 2004, 07:20 PM)

But you root for the giants? lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

I try to throw up a string of lights across my bedroom window during finals to get me in the holiday spirit, but I didnt have time this year sad.gif. Bah humbug.

I could lend you some "SF Giants" special lights laugh.gif

Besides, I thought we resolved the Dodger/Giant loyalty issue...
at Jared's BBQ? wacko.gif

Lisa type.gif
Dr Evil
Howard, you are a F-ing genious! If I do that to the ones in the back yard on jack stands then they can't tow them away. clap56.gif Abate that you scrooges! Finals suck...must return to studying....will light up later....(maybe not just the lights). wink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Howard @ Dec 14 2004, 07:47 PM)

Well Howie, with something that slow, you should string lights on it, but you should have pulled the wheels and put it up on concrete blocks, ' cause it never goes anywhere anyway.

You need to add yerself sitting in a rocker with your Depends in holiday colors with yer shine jug tipped, a spitoon at yur side and "Dueling Banjos" blaring loudly in the background.

I done been civilized now.....my store bought wooden teeth and shoes came in the mail yesterday! finger.gif
Bruce Allert
Only thang I gots lights on is da tree so Kathleenie had to pose da kids & take a peekchur off'm. I like dis'un cuz'a da artsyness (das a werd ain't it?) smoke.gif

....b
BIGKAT_83
I was going to put up some lights this year, but decided not to.

I didn't want to mess up a good Easter weekend taking them down.
Howard
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 14 2004, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE(Howard @ Dec 14 2004, 07:47 PM)
Yup, it's the Soozster.  Put her on the lawn so slits would feel at home  :D

The neighbors didn't think it was too funny  :finger:

Well Howie, with something that slow, you should string lights on it, but you should have pulled the wheels and put it up on concrete blocks, ' cause it never goes anywhere anyway.

You need to add yerself sitting in a rocker with your Depends in holiday colors with yer shine jug tipped, a spitoon at yur side and "Dueling Banjos" blaring loudly in the background.

I done been civilized now.....my store bought wooden teeth and shoes came in the mail yesterday! finger.gif

Funny you should mention it. Was going to decorate the jackstands and put a Chalon on them, but I couldn't find one that was running happy11.gif

I was going to put up some lights this year, but decided not to.

I didn't want to mess up a good Easter weekend taking them down.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
MarkV
This is how we decorate in the desert. mueba.gif
skline
Ok, I finally got around to taking a picture of the house with lights up. Had to figure out how to take a picture in low light with the digital camera.
JB 914
Gee Scott, is that a Malibu in the drive way? barf.gif
skline
Rides better than the last rental I had. They called today about my truck, they are waiting for the new cluster to come in. I hope this fixes it for good. He said maybe tomorrow. I can hardly wait. I miss my truck. wub.gif
Aaron Cox
I get paid 4 to 700 to put lights on millionare homes! just got back...8 hours on a m*****-f****n roof!!!!
im tired.....

scott....nice deco.... ill do it up for 150 smile.gif
MattR
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Dec 14 2004, 09:58 PM)
at Jared's BBQ? wacko.gif

We did, but cant I still give you crap? I mean you ARE rooting for the hated ones...

biggrin.gif
JB 914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 15 2004, 09:21 PM)
I get paid 4 to 700 to put lights on millionare homes! just got back...8 hours on a m*****-f****n roof!!!!
im tired.....

scott....nice deco.... ill do it up for 150 smile.gif

I live in the poor section and sent you paypal to decorate my house.... do i need to send you another $.01 w00t.gif
Aaron Cox
I live in the poor section and sent you paypal to decorate my house.... do i need to send you another $.01  

lol2.gif

maybe $100. O1 smile.gif

nah.... its all good....a penny here...a penny there....pays for more parts to go on there
Mrs. K
QUOTE(MattR @ Dec 15 2004, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Dec 14 2004, 09:58 PM)
at Jared's BBQ?    :wacko:

We did, but cant I still give you crap? I mean you ARE rooting for the hated ones...

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Sure, why not!
Just think how much fun we'll have if I get tickets to a Dodger/Giant game next season
at Dodger stadium.....and invite you to come along lol3.gif
But I think we should make it a Dodger/Giant "Fun Run" with all the 914's.
Yours, Aaron's, Howard's, Scott's (if it's running by then) smile.gif

I'll be wearing a dodger t-shirt and a Giant hat...how about that!
Or maybe a Dodger jacket, a Giant t-shirt, and my 914Gurl hat! lol2.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Dec 15 2004, 11:21 PM)
Or maybe a Dodger jacket, a Giant t-shirt, and my 914Gurl hat! lol2.gif

Lisa wavey.gif

ill wear nothing! and paint my body dodgers colors...and my buttcheeks giants colors barf.gif lol2.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 15 2004, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Dec 15 2004, 11:21 PM)
Or maybe a Dodger jacket, a Giant t-shirt, and my 914Gurl hat!  :lol2:

Lisa  :wavey:

ill wear nothing! and paint my body dodgers colors...and my buttcheeks giants colors barf.gif lol2.gif

Aaron!!!! You are starting to sound like Howard w00t.gif

Lisa slap.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 15 2004, 08:38 PM)
Ok, I finally got around to taking a picture of the house with lights up. Had to figure out how to take a picture in low light with the digital camera.

I just took the picture of my house with my digital camera on the regular settings and I think it turned out OK.
How did the lights on the hedge work (kinda dark in the pic)?

Lisa rolleyes.gif
skline
I moved the lights on the hedge to just along the top. Didnt have enough to cover the whole thing all the way down top to bottom.

Nice Santa Ana winds coming up tonight, even kind of warm, I love weather like this.
redshift
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Dec 16 2004, 02:27 AM)
Aaron!!!! You are starting to sound like Howard w00t.gif

Lisa  :stooges:

icon8.gif

Aaron is the only thing I've ever smelled on the internet.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.