Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The ultamate hoarder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Sorry if this is a repost but........holy crap blink.gif

http://www.p101tv.com/videos/138/jacques'-place
r_towle
funny,

I was looking for a 911 way back before the split.
Brad Roberts sent me pics of that same parking lot.

I got close to buying one but the guy would not come down on his price, which was IMHO to high at the time.

Odd to see that parking lot again, I still have those pics somewhere.

rich
914Sixer
Probably 100K or more worth of goodies. One of those guys that will have them until he dies.
ellisor3
His answer to every Porsche Parts Question: " Yea I have one of those!"
Did anyone else catch the 4 Cam engine?
KELTY360

Got Porsche?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ May 14 2013, 06:14 PM) *

His answer to every Porsche Parts Question: " Yea I have one of those!"
Did anyone else catch the 4 Cam engine?

Which one? I counted 4... popcorn[1].gif
brant
many 4 cam engines....
even as cores those are worth big bucks.

I'd say the horde is worth close to a million from the looks of it.
JawjaPorsche
That guy needs to go to a Porsche Hoarders group session. I am sure there are people on this forum who would love to help him declutter his place and get him on the road to recovery. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
I just want one of the 4 cam motors and the corresponding car it goes into.
jasons
He's the first hoarder I've seen that I'm jealous of.
rick 918-S
Sad, he'll die with that stuff and some slick talker will end up selling it off for the family for an 80/20 split.
Jgilliam914
a 356 carrera 2 cabrio is quite rare
Im guessing closer to 2 million for total value. I am thinking I might be very low
bandjoey
1..gasp! Blat! Choke!
2..moan! Gonna cry!
3..oh my! One poor 914
4.. Who is this guy and is he still alive?
5..(your reaction here)
huh.gif
ednosnaws
Been there...watched Jacque fire up a twin cam he was working on....literally in a plywood shack. I'll never forget it! It's a legendary visit if you are invited there....
Bullethead
With that music, this is what I imagine as the voice-over:

sad2.gif

"This is Jacques, an earnest, private man with so much to offer and yet he struggles, day-to-day. His aging grease-stained hands are cracked and tired. Everywhere, he is surrounded by faded glory in steel, alloy and dust, tormented by thoughts of what might have been. But he brightens at the sounds of tools clanking, vernier calipers closing to measure rare metal surfaces, the rustle of folding money. Won't you help Jacques by making a donation to Unfunded Carrera 2 Restorations today? As little as $60,000 per month for a year would make an enormous difference in Jacques life... and it could for yours, too."

Pretty sure every 4-cam searcher on the planet has this guy on their radar. Killer collection, but don't have the $$$ to even consider a visit.
Mark Henry
I admit I was a VW parts hoarder, nothing on this scale, but still a hoarder some what like this guy. I came to the realization that I had to pick the projects I really wanted and flog the rest to pay for it. That's what I did and everything is coming together on two projects right now, my bug and my 914/6 conversion.

This guy should really do the same.
toolguy
I drive by there all the time. . it has looked like that for the past 35 years. . He use to have one of the original factory 19 Elva Porsche's hanging from the rafters back in ther 80's . . . the place is just like the pictures. . stuff everywhere. . . most of it has become very rare by todays standards. . .
Madswede
Meh. Didn't see a 968 Turbo RS. poke.gif
brant
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ May 14 2013, 08:24 PM) *

a 356 carrera 2 cabrio is quite rare
Im guessing closer to 2 million for total value. I am thinking I might be very low

My dad test drove a carrera 2 cab when it was brand new on the lot.
he passed and bought a lotus instead.... the lotus by far out handled it and and ran it....

both would be killer cars today to still have.
Dasnowman
Wow just Wow!

Yup never met the guy but seems like the type that will never let any of it go till he is long gone.WHich is sad as there is so many cars getting pile rote from just sitting when some one could be getting them back to health.

It would take months if not years of going through all those parts and cars to try to figure out all those parts. You would have to be long time Porsche mechanic just to figure out what the parts are and what they are worth.

moparrob
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 14 2013, 07:40 PM) *
!
3..oh my! One poor 914

Actually, I saw at least 3......

siverson
Wow - I've been there too, but only on the outside. I had no idea that stuff was inside.

I went there on the advice of a "friend" of his for a fender for my 914, but he wouldn't sell anything. Not sure if he didn't like the "friend" or what...

-Steve
sixnotfour
At his age , not needing the money, Its his hold on time. Yes one day it will be all dispersed, Hopefully not by the state of CA.

JmuRiz
I've only gotten to the :35 second mark and I'm already drooling...a Carerra 2 cab.....oh man!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.