Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal lens mod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Erben914
I as wondering if anyone has seen this done well on a 914? With a little more shaping I think it could look pretty clean. Opinions or ideas?Click to view attachment
914itis
confused24.gif
ThePaintedMan
In the words of one Paul McCartney, "Let it be.... let it be." biggrin.gif If it were me man, I'd leave the lines the way the factory designed it - but that's just me beerchug.gif
Erben914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ May 15 2013, 07:35 PM) *

In the words of one Paul McCartney, "Let it be.... let it be." biggrin.gif If it were me man, I'd leave the lines the way the factory designed it - but that's just me beerchug.gif

I'm sure I will. I was just curious. Never really loved the way the lenses stick out. Thought there might be a way to clean it up with a subtle change.
Thanks for your opinion.
scotty b
It's called frenching, normal mod on Am cars. AFAIK no one has done it on a 914. To do so would look goofy IMHO

If you're ambitious and good with metal, you could roll the lip inward and flush it to the inside of the fender. Fab up some brackets to weld onto the inside of the fender that would serve as the new screw mounting point. the brackets would be set back the proper depth to get the lens closer to flush.
Erben914
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 15 2013, 07:52 PM) *

It's called frenching, normal mod on Am cars. AFAIK no one has done it on a 914. To do so would look goofy IMHO

If you're ambitious and good with metal, you could roll the lip inward and flush it to the inside of the fender. Fab up some brackets to weld onto the inside of the fender that would serve as the new screw mounting point. the brackets would be set back the proper depth to get the lens closer to flush.

Thanks Scotty. I actually knew the term frenching or frenched in right?
What you are explaining is like semi recessed? The face of the lens would be flush with the face of the fender? I think I would probably botch that one. I'm not a pro like yourself. I better just leave it alone and get creative on something else.
toolguy
what a pain in the ass to change a bulb. . .
euro911
QUOTE(toolguy @ May 15 2013, 08:17 PM) *
I use my hands confused24.gif

poke.gif
Millerwelds
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 15 2013, 08:29 PM) *

QUOTE(toolguy @ May 15 2013, 08:17 PM) *
I use my hands confused24.gif

poke.gif

lol-2.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Wait! I'm sure I've seen stuff held on with blue masking tape somewhere before. Might wanna do a search .........................

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.