Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foglight Grill: Best Way to Clean
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orthobiz
Toothpaste? White vinegar? Baby oil? Household cleaner?

Thanks,

Paul
914Sixer
Turtle Wax Chrome Cleaner is what I use.
r_towle
Horse linament
moparrob
Bead blast and paint them black...

orthobiz
I guess I start way too many threads! I shoulda posted this in my resto thread elsewhere...thanks for advice but I was really looking for the actual BRAND of horse liniment! lol-2.gif

Paul
76-914
Dremel tool with the their small cotton buffing wheel and some 3M final finish. When I did mine 2 yr's ago one of the members told me it wouldn't hold up and would return to it's shitty appearance. Hasn't happened yet; they still look nice and shiny. piratenanner.gif
Mikey914
Warm soapy water
Mr.242
I soaked mine in lemon juice and then cleaned up with soapy water.

There is a point where the simply go too far to clean. Good Luck!
zambezi
put them in your dishwasher (when the wifes not looking).
1970 Neun vierzehn
Paul,
I have been using Simichrome polish for many years on both my 914 and my motorcycles. On the foglight grilles, I use a soft, cotton diaper for the easy-to-get-to areas, and Q-tips huh.gif (yes, I'm afraid so) in the little nooks and crannies.

Paul
L-Jet914
I use Chemical Guys Metal Shine and then Chemical Guys Metal Wax for the final step on all of my chrome pieces on my 914 and my motorcycle.
orthobiz
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ May 17 2013, 07:17 PM) *

Paul,
I have been using Simichrome polish for many years on both my 914 and my motorcycles. On the foglight grilles, I use a soft, cotton diaper for the easy-to-get-to areas, and Q-tips huh.gif (yes, I'm afraid so) in the little nooks and crannies.

Paul

Wonder where Simichrome, Chemical Guys and Blue Magic fall in the abrasiveness scale. I started off with some toothpaste which is working to a certain extent.

My grills are gone to the point where soapy water isn't doing anything, apple cider vinegar did nothing as well, neither did the household spray cleaner.

Paul
orthobiz
So far Blue Magic on soft surgical cloths has not damaged the grills. Tedious for sure, but slowly but surely coming around nicely!

Now if only my fingers were just a little bit skinnier...

Paul
Sea Dragon 914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ May 24 2013, 03:02 PM) *

So far Blue Magic on soft surgical cloths has not damaged the grills. Tedious for sure, but slowly but surely coming around nicely!

Now if only my fingers were just a little bit skinnier...

Paul

That's what children are for!! evilgrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.