Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repo Tailight lens question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Griffinroydonald
I need new Lens for my 70 -914 and am considering the repo lens offered in Georgia. Does any one have feedback as to the quality , Fit and look of the repo lens ? My car is a collection of parts from 1970 to 1985 so I don't care if the Hella symbols are correct or not as other things on the car are not spec 914 parts. I would drive down to pick up the parts as there are a few other things I could use . I see the U.S. versions priced at $150 and the others at $200, I think this is a pretty good price if they are quality parts. Please let me hear some feedback if anyone has used these - Thanks.
Krieger
I sent my first pair back and told them I wanted my money back. Tons of flaws/ bubble in plastic if you look at them for a second. I think he was having them made in India. He said he would have one of his people look through them and find me a good pair. You might go and do the same. The pair they sent me looked good and fit like they should. IIRC they came with a black seal. It was about two years ago. No problems with them, but not a daily driver. Good luck.
Highland
I bought a pair from AutoAtlanta about 4 or 5 years ago. One lens had a cosmetic crack which I returned. Customer service told me that was common, but hand picked a lens from inventory with no cracks. I included some pictures with the edge fit. I don't know if this is good or not.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SLITS
I have run his Euro re-pops for a couple of years now (was in on the first buy).

The side marker is clear rather than the diffused like the Hella. Has presented no problems.

The fit was a little off so I did not tighten the securing nuts fully at installation. Over a period of time I continued tightening them figuring the exposure to heat could bring them into line. I can't say that they "remolded" themselves, but they are as good as the Hella to me.

For the $149 I spent for the pair at the time, it was a good deal and I am very happy I bought them.
7TPorsh
These actually look like they fit better than my Hellas
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment
Griffinroydonald
Thank you each one for the input about the lens. I will need to make up my mind up about the style lens I want to use. I like the yellow style and the red also. I played with both here
http://www.eggscollective.org/914visualize...visualizer.html
The car will be going to paint soon and returned to white as from the factory. I will return the wheels to early steel and trim rings. Pictures will follow as soon as I can get time.
rfuerst911sc
I bought the euro lenses and the appearance was good. The passenger side lense fit well but the drivers side did not the curve/leading edge sticks out about 3/16.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Griffinroydonald @ May 17 2013, 06:27 AM) *

I need new Lens for my 70 -914 and am considering the repo lens offered in Georgia. Does any one have feedback as to the quality , Fit and look of the repo lens ? My car is a collection of parts from 1970 to 1985 so I don't care if the Hella symbols are correct or not as other things on the car are not spec 914 parts. I would drive down to pick up the parts as there are a few other things I could use . I see the U.S. versions priced at $150 and the others at $200, I think this is a pretty good price if they are quality parts. Please let me hear some feedback if anyone has used these - Thanks.

I will sell you a new set of Euro repros for $120 shipped. I got them in the group buy but never installed them.

Mike
Griffinroydonald
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 18 2013, 07:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Griffinroydonald @ May 17 2013, 06:27 AM) *

I will sell you a new set of Euro repros for $120 shipped. I got them in the group buy but never installed them.

Mike

PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.