Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh God, where to start?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Damn what a witch's brew. Time to redo it since it's out with the old and in with the new.

Out, resistor packs to control flyback. In, pulse width modulation to do it. Out, the DIY-WD O2 board ( big pain the ass ). In, Tech Edge WB O2. Out, MSD 6A. In, EDIS ignition.

Car's really turning into a bastard. It's a Porsche VW, Ford, Honda, Subaru, Chevy, BMW. Gotta go find some Mopar to use. There's a few custom parts, too. welder.gif

Any chance this thing will make it to LA?

Too much to face right now. I think I'll have beer. drunk.gif
Jake Raby
You have Mopar...

The intake side of your cam is a profile from a Chrysler!
DNHunt
Well, I guess I got em all covered then. America's the great mixin pot, so, my car fits right in.

Dave
airsix
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Nov 26 2004, 04:34 PM)
Car's really turning into a bastard. It's a Porsche VW, Ford, Honda, Subaru, Chevy, BMW. Gotta go find some Mopar to use. There's a few custom parts, too. welder.gif

Dave, If you're looking for Mopar, try a Throttle-body. Ok, actually it'll probably be Holley, but in a way you get Holley and Mopar at the same time.

Ben's 914 turbo has parts from:
BMW (fuel pump)
Subaru (turbo)
Saab (blow-off valve)
Chrysler (Throttle body)
Jeep (injector plugs)
Chevy (airbox)

-Ben M.
chunger
Very interested in how you impliment the EDIS, please document !!!
Mueller
QUOTE(chunger @ Nov 27 2004, 09:52 AM)
Very interested in how you impliment the EDIS, please document !!!

oh no.....'Chung has been bit by the "cannot leave it alone" bug , hahahahaha

Dave, I feel your pain, the wiring harness is the most difficult part if you want it to look good and be easy to trouble shoot....I'm getting really good at figuring out what AMP connector and pins/sockets go with each other wacko.gif
crash914
Hey Dave, just wire it all with purple wire like I did.....it is a lot of fun figuring out which wire is what....

have fun...that is what it is all about...(now that my car runs)....
mattillac
for anyone running msefi on their air cooled, did you use the stock head and intake air
temp sensors and adapt the msefi? can the gm sensors be used in an air cooled application, even thought they're meant for a waterpumper?
Mueller
QUOTE(mattillac @ Nov 27 2004, 05:50 PM)
for anyone running msefi on their air cooled, did you use the stock head and intake air
temp sensors and adapt the msefi? can the gm sensors be used in an air cooled application, even thought they're meant for a waterpumper?

yes, you can use the stock sensors, and yes you can use GM sensors......mine is a combo of both
mattillac
i've been wondering that for a while. very interested in the msefi, but i only really want to mess with fuel programming, not senor maps or whatever. waiting for ultra megasquirt. OT but, how well do you guys think a mild or wild type.gif carb cam would work with the msefi?
chunger
Seems if folks in the club have already figured out the sensor maps for stock sensors, you can pirate their research. .. seems Mr. Hunt has conveniently posted his stock sensor maps on his website pray.gif . . . .

I'm interested in how he mounted the crank trigger wheel and sensor for EDIS . . . not that I understand spark advance curves, but just curious. . . not that I'm going to change anything on a perfectly running car, but if it were to happen to break all of a sudden blink.gif

But I already have 2 megasquirt units and no motors to put them in. . . but they work on the stim. ... and it seems some FI parts are no longer obtainable. The MS is fun. . ..

on the OT, I just took out the wiring/sheetrock in a perfectly functional house. . .. crap! too many projects. . .. but it's what paid for purchasing Rob's A/X car. . ..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.