Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914, 2.0l
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
chasrolex69
Here is a wonderful 2 owner 1974 914, 1st owner southern CA, 2nd owner south TX. This car was parked by the 2nd owner in 1993 due to a bad ignition switch and had sat since. Starting with a great car ,only rust was the battery box and even it was not that bad,but I replaced anyway. This car has the orig. WINDOW STICKER and every receipt back to 1974!
Car was 100% orig. when I started on it. The interior is as it left the factory,down to the front and rear floor matts. And it is a 9+ out of ten. 2 small cracks in the dash. It does have the appearance package option. We dropped the engine and fixed any and all leaks ( car doesnt leak a drop!) has the orig. Dunlop spare never on the ground. All books,keys,records,tool kit,jack. Porsche service book stamped up to 1980. Front and rear trunks have orig. carpet in exc. condition(even has the orig. noise matt in the rear. Car retains all orig. fuel injection. I have tons of pictures before i started and during paint and rebuild. Car was repainted due to years of road rash, Paint is the orig. paint code, sunflower yellow and is outstanding! (cost was $4800) My plan was to keep this one but another car has caught my eye. Every thing works as it should but the clock. I found a Porsche factory radio for 74 and installed but have not wired to the speakers yet. car is fast ,pulls very hard,drives straight as an arrow and now stops on a dime After researching the car I found the engine was completley rebuilt in 1990 at a cost of $5100 and the trans. rebuilt at the same time. Car had 118k on it at that time. Car now has 130k. With all the records and history on this car I just had to do this one to the highest standard i could (but always put way to much to ever get my money back ) A excellent driver that anyone could show as it sits, this is not a
"10" but one of he best drivers out there and a Hagerty "3"

$15900 obo

Replaced,repair
battery tray
all new vacum lines
plug wires-coil
new Bursch exhaust
new Optima battery
gas tank out,cleaned
all new brakes
new rotors-pads
rebuilt calipers
all new wheel bearings
all 5 wheels powder coated
new tires
new nos bumper top on the front
rear trunk rollers
all fresh fluids
4 wheel alignment
every part repaired-replaced-inspected

Pictures on Pelican parts as I cannot load pics here, or on request

Thanks for looking, Charles
tons of references on pelican cmadison@napleton.com
1-815-262-5665
chasrolex69
Any help to load pictures would be great..
JeffBowlsby
This site does not like really large photos...resize them smaller, and do not preview the post before posting it. You can go back and edit the post if necessary after posting.

Beautiful 914 BTW... wink.gif
JawjaPorsche
Hey Charles

I uploaded the pictures for you. Nice 914! Good luck with your sale.

Terry
chasrolex69
Thanks for the picture help piratenanner.gif
yes it is a great car, I was really torn to paint or not paint, but in the end I figured this car deserved to be done right with all the doc's-window sticker-orig sales bill etc. that support it. Heck, I even saved the waspnests I found in the wheel wells for the next owner!
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(chasrolex69 @ May 17 2013, 05:50 PM) *

Thanks for the picture help piratenanner.gif
yes it is a great car, I was really torn to paint or not paint, but in the end I figured this car deserved to be done right with all the doc's-window sticker-orig sales bill etc. that support it. Heck, I even saved the waspnests I found in the wheel wells for the next owner!

You are very welcome! If you can't help out a fellow 914 owner? Who can you help?
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(chasrolex69 @ May 17 2013, 01:12 PM) *

Any help to load pictures would be great..

Yup, yours is pretty! Love the color! Mines faster..... LOL Good luck. Bob
chasrolex69
info for thoses that asked
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.