Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about engman stiffing kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
xperu
There is a engman stiffing kit installed in my car. I have been running in DSP, but after stumbling onto a thread the say's the engman kit may not be ran as a DSP. The kit was installed very badly, weld fitment etc. so I am contemplating removing it. alt of grinding but it may be the solution. I don’t' have a lot of money to spend on the car, so I prefer to stay in DPA class. I am open to any solution or ideas. Thanks Mike
URY914
Leave it in.

It was installed to repair rust damage. Nothing more. (wink, wink)

It's not like you're going to the Nationals.
xperu
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 17 2013, 10:18 PM) *

Leave it in.

It was installed to repair rust damage. Nothing more. (wink, wink)

It's not like you're going to the Nationals.

Thanks Ury, I beleive that was the intent originally. The car had reust damage but rust damage was done. I don't think it was done at the sametime due to the the Engman install was badly done and the long rust repair weld and fitment was much better. Nationals? Funny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm just trying to keep up with the locals, no 914's here so nothing to compare with in the Houston area. I have more time now, so I am putting in a lot more time into my car. Thanks for your time and advice. Mike
URY914
Mike,

Have fun with it. Newer cars will beat you but it doesn't matter. Drive it hard. You'll be surprised how much they can be pushed.

first.gif
shoguneagle
Looking good, kid. Push it hard and it will give you great pleasure. These are like Alfas, push them hard and they will deliver within their capabilities. Winning is not everything, how well you and your car perform within capabilities is just as important. Just remember, you are learning and the car is a perfect one to use.

Have fun and enjoy.

I do not race since I am just a little over the hill and I enjoy road driving.

Steve
carr914
Leave it - who is to know?
xperu
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ May 23 2013, 10:01 AM) *

Looking good, kid. Push it hard and it will give you great pleasure. These are like Alfas, push them hard and they will deliver within their capabilities. Winning is not everything, how well you and your car perform within capabilities is just as important. Just remember, you are learning and the car is a perfect one to use.

Have fun and enjoy.

I do not race since I am just a little over the hill and I enjoy road driving.

Steve

Over the hill.......................... Never! I am 66 and just retired from a desk job at NASA. I already feel much better just to have my life back. Like being a kid again "Free-Free-Free beerchug.gif I am not trying to win, jus won't happen, but I am going to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I'm going home to California for about three weeks, then in July I will jump into it at the Royal Purple Raceway in Houston. Thanks for the advice. Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.