Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BETSY IS SOLD!.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
Betsy is officially for sale, inbox me if interested. She only has 45,000 miles. Stainless steel brake lines, new Goodyear Eagle GT tires with less than 6000 miles. New Bilsteins on all 4 corners. Fresh rebuilt carbs, new fuel pump. New fuel lines. Stainless steel heat exchangers. Much more.....It is running dual Webers but if they want injection I can arrange that. Just drove it to Hershey, Pa and back, over 2000 miles round trip, didn't use a drop of oil. Asking 15.5K or make me an offer.
Below is a link to the thread when I first found Betsy, there are lots of pics in there too, before I started getting her road ready. update: Betsy just did a 3000 mile trip with NO problems of any kind.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=garage++find

Lots more pictures available if interested.
hot_shoe914
Still for sale, really don't need her gone. New price, $15,500.00
hot_shoe914
Still available.
koozy
I have a buddy that is seriously interested in this car. PM me your contact info and bottom dollar price.

Mike
troos
Is this car still available? Pleas ePM me if it is.
Thanks,
Tom
hot_shoe914
Okay folks, here's the deal. I just bought a small farm and I need cash before closing. As much as I really hate to part with Betsy (had decided to keep her) I have come to the conclusion that I can't keep them all. I am going to slash the price and hopefully somebody will grab this very nice, low mile, 2 owner car. One owner for 39 years and I have had her for a year. 20 years in storage.

New tires
new shocks and struts
stainless heat exchanger
etc....etc....etc....

What information you don't see in this ad you can call me at 901-484-6977 and I will answer all your questions. She is ready to travel ANYWHERE as I am about to take her on a 3000 mile trip at the end of this week.

PRICE IS GOOD ONLY UNTIL I CLOSE ON MY HOUSE AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER. After that I will either keep her or the price goes back up. She needs NO rust repair, basically needs nothing other than an outer respray on the paint.

The farm deal is no longer and neither is the low give away price that was offered. In fact, she did such an excellent job on her 3000 mile journey, the price is now higher than it was originally set. You want Betsy, dig deep then, $15,500.00.

$10,000.00 FIRM! This price is no longer good, new price is $15,500.00!!!

Thank you for reading and I hope someone will give her a good home and spoil her as I have been doing.

Shoe
hot_shoe914
Pre RRC bump. Leaving out tonight for Lincoln, Ne and then on to Durango, Co for the RRC. Somebody should meet me at RRC and buy her, she will make you a great car! piratenanner.gif
hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif

Really need to sell this car. Buy it now and I will deliver it to RRC free of charge. I will even wash it when I get there.

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
Betsy on the way to RRC.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This beautiful low mile, 2 owner car can be yours for the new price of TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS! $15,500.00
lostreasure
Good luck! extremely well sorted!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Sep 3 2013, 07:03 PM) *

Good luck! extremely well sorted!

Thank you. Send a buyer my way, I know those northeast guys need good rust free cars.
hot_shoe914
Really don't need to sell her any longer.
hot_shoe914
More from down under

hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif For a new higher, more deserving price for a car this good. Should have grabbed her while I needed money, now I don't. New price is $15,500.00 and she is worth every penny!
Nine_14
Some parts missing.....

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Sep 11 2013, 03:13 AM) *

Some parts missing.....

They are in the front trunk along with the new bushings. Just need to install them.
Java2570
I can't believe you didn't sell Betsy at that low low price! What a great car and a great deal! Jon
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Sep 11 2013, 09:11 AM) *

I can't believe you didn't sell Betsy at that low low price! What a great car and a great deal! Jon

Thank you Jon, I actually got more action at the higher prices. Not one nibble at the low price. Now I am content to keep her and will only part with her for big money.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 11 2013, 10:29 PM) *

Thank you Jon, I actually got more action at the higher prices. Not one nibble at the low price. Now I am content to keep her and will only part with her for big money.

Good for you. I am so tired of seeing these cars ridiculously undersold, like 2-3x under their NADA value. I turn down most of urz I'm given for mine. One guy actually wanted to buy it as a parts car and offered to buy it for just what I did the engine rebuild for. A solid car with rebuilt engine and fuel injection.

Sell it for it's value. No less.
hot_shoe914
Okay, I have reached a point once again where Betsy needs to be sold. Willing to entertain REASONABLE offers. She is listed at $15,500.00 but that price is now VERY negotiable.

Shoe
mepstein
Donald, Donald, Donald...
mepstein
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Sep 12 2013, 11:20 AM) *

Good for you. I am so tired of seeing these cars ridiculously undersold, like 2-3x under their NADA value. I turn down most of urz I'm given for mine. One guy actually wanted to buy it as a parts car and offered to buy it for just what I did the engine rebuild for. A solid car with rebuilt engine and fuel injection.

Value is what the buyer and seller agree to. No more, no less.
Nine_14
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 3 2013, 05:59 AM) *

agree.gif don't forget, it's an accident car, repair job not well done.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Oct 3 2013, 04:11 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 3 2013, 05:59 AM) *

It is also a two owner car with no rust and only 45K miles on it and well proven. I have taken two trips this year of 2000 and 3000 miles with absolutely NO problems at all. She basically needs nothing but a respray and a few very minor things. She is in excellent mechanical condition and everything works.
rnellums
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Oct 3 2013, 05:11 AM) *

Nine_14, I suggest you take a look at the rules for posting in someone else's ad. I have added them here for your convenience:

"Do not comment on people's ads unless you are interested in purchasing the item or vehicle and you are requesting further information from the seller.

If you have personal issues with a seller, keep them as such... personal.

If you think the ad is misleading, contact the seller and an Admin via private message.

Any further abuse or violations of the site rules (name calling) will get you banned."

To this point, your posts have not been asking for further information, and you do not seem to be interested in buying the car. Unless either of those things change, I suggest you stop posting in this thread.

My experience with Betsy a few weeks ago in the high elevation mountains near Durango is that she is in remarkably good shape and had no trouble storming up steep passes at high altitude (10,000 ft +!) Too bad I already have two in my garage! Good luck with the sale!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 3 2013, 10:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Oct 3 2013, 05:11 AM) *

Nine_14, I suggest you take a look at the rules for posting in someone else's ad. I have added them here for your convenience:

"Do not comment on people's ads unless you are interested in purchasing the item or vehicle and you are requesting further information from the seller.

If you have personal issues with a seller, keep them as such... personal.

If you think the ad is misleading, contact the seller and an Admin via private message.

Any further abuse or violations of the site rules (name calling) will get you banned."

To this point, your posts have not been asking for further information, and you do not seem to be interested in buying the car. Unless either of those things change, I suggest you stop posting in this thread.

My experience with Betsy a few weeks ago in the high elevation mountains near Durango is that she is in remarkably good shape and had no trouble storming up steep passes at high altitude (10,000 ft +!) Too bad I already have two in my garage! Good luck with the sale!

Thanks Ross, he posted same kind of remarks in Chris Foley's ad also. Some people........ slap.gif
tom9146
Very nice car very rare these days , good luck with sale smile.gif
hot_shoe914
Betsy is back on the chopping block at a reduced price. First $10,500.00 gets her, so if you know anyone looking for a great car with no rust, please point them to this thread.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif
Nine_14

Try to place Betsy at the european market.... Dollar os low at this moment.

http://www.mobile.de/?lang=en
carr914
Shoe, you such a Good Guy, that if the car is still available in a month, I might take it!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 26 2013, 03:08 PM) *

Shoe, you such a Good Guy, that if the car is still available in a month, I might take it!

TC, you buy her and I will deliver her to the Tropical Ramble. driving.gif
carr914
That's only in a couple of weeks - it will be tough to scratch up the dough by then
hot_shoe914
Pending........
rnellums
aktion035.gif
hot_shoe914
BETSY is SOLD!
billh1963
Congratulations!!!!!
bulitt
TC?

Congrats!
Chris H.
Probably. He can't let that muffler he just bought sit around with nothing to stick it on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.