Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 71 turn signal indicators in gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
913B
When I use the right or left turn signals the exterior lights operates normally but the indicator on the center gauge flashes 1x or 2x then goes out, what gives, I try looking at the diagram and the wires comes from the #31 warning light switch, what's that ?? Is that a fancy name for the turn signal assy. If not where is this WARNING LIGHT SWITCH ??

Anyone got any ideas. I am sorry I don't even know what to search for on this electrical gremlin.

Thanks in advance
Ted
914itis
I posted a thread for this 2 days ago.

If you don't have the bulbs installed on the front or rear signals or the housings are disconnected, you will experience that.
913B
no I checked all the exterior turn ights and they working fine
blink.gif
914itis
Does it work right when you put the hazards lights on?
913B
I did not try that, sad.gif
914itis
I am sure it is something with the load on the bulbs. Are you using LED's? Or any other types of bulbs?

Here is the thread. Thread
913B
Nothing special, original lighting, I will have to re-examine the bulbs more closely and check if the hazard works also,

thanks for the tip

beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
Relay. Had the same problem. Separate circuits for dash and body lights. Get a new relay.
913B
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 19 2013, 01:19 PM) *

Relay. Had the same problem. Separate circuits for dash and body lights. Get a new relay.

All lighting works normal including the hazard lights. Which relay Eric ?
913B
So I bought a used flasher installed it and it is doing the same thing. I added a second ground to the relay which made no difference. I also inspected all the bulbs and they looked normal. Any other ideas ? Could it be the second relay was bad ? Is there any way to test the relay ? Should I try a new one from eBay ? Anything else to check ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.