Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Contacts in So Florida
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
Hey, looking for fellow 914philes in SO FL---lets get to-gather, talk shop and drink some frosties beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif
Rider914
Not many teeners around confused24.gif

Lets try to get something going!!
jwalters
smilie_pokal.gif One reply is better than none at all----rider914 you are on beerchug.gif --but surely during this weekend the others will come out to play!?! PM me rider, thx for sounding up!!!! icon_bump.gif
jwalters
ohmy.gif by the way, thought I would mention--the other day I was cruising thru a publix lot off of 84 and west of flamingo--I think it was a mineke muffler store-not sure- but there was a super clean teener with upswept quad pipes sittin next to the store---yours?? Or maybe you know of it??? The color was hard to discern, kind of gold to copper color, beer.gif
Rider914
I have gone to the PCA events at Moroso Motorsports and there are many race cars (914) around - someone from a place called BlackForrest?? Said that they have a shop in Lake Worth (south Palm Beach County) and there are 10 - 15 cars there? I have only seen 1 or 2 others on the road in years. . .

I am currently not quite street legal, but I am good for short drives or really fast ones! I am OK with the local law enforcement, but I wouldn't want to venture too far.
iiibdsiil
Black Forest is in Delray Beach, just off of Linton. I used to work there. They have like 8 914's there right now.

I am in S. Florida like every other weekend, I live in Tampa now for school, although my home is in Boca Raton.
BiG bOgGs
Howdy guys! Check out the Tampa Bay breakfast thread. Some of us SoFL types are getting together on Dec 4. It may be a little far for you east coast guys, but we would be stoked if you could make it! aktion035.gif
DJsRepS
Ive got a daily runner street legal in Sarasota Fl. its an FI 72 1.7L
machina
QUOTE(jwalters @ Nov 26 2004, 10:26 PM)
Hey, looking for fellow 914philes in SO FL---lets get to-gather, talk shop and drink some frosties beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif

Hey JW, I'm down here too.

May shout out next time I do a motor drop smash.gif
jwalters
happy11.gif ohh yea--now we are getting some where!!! DJsreps--I think I can give you a run for the money on your uglie!!!! I am having fits with this damn sony camera-been trying to post pics for a week-- icon_bump.gif on the tip about black forest! I know of one guy close to me-been rebuildin his for about 2-3 yrs?? not runnin, but gave me many ideas with what to do with mine--

**hey rider, whats keepin yours from legalities???

**synthesisdiv, where abouts are you? Great hear of another one down here!!! icon_bump.gif

**bigboggs--Righteous info on the breakfast--I am having minor surgery on the 30th--so I will be off work for the week--sounds like a good plan to be there, go ahead and count me in!!! chowtime.gif ** Rider--if you want to tag along let me know, my runner ain't pretty, but it will get us there, I drive it every day>>> let me know aktion035.gif

iiibdsiilo: what is the down low on black forest, seeing as you used to work there???
DJsRepS
Set the camera to 640x480 resulation, take pic and dnload to file on puter (my Pics) When making post browse through my coumpute to the file select and ok or double click. I was getting error tring to send. new camera resulation too hi to send. 2 choises a. photo software to lower the resulation or size of the file or size of the pic. b. above set camera to 640x480res.
jwalters
huh.gif dude, what color is that??? Your engine compartment I mean beer.gif
Rider914
**hey rider, whats keepin yours from legalities???

Brake lights don't - it is the switch under the dash. It is a easy fix, but it is a PIA to get to.

I run straight pipes and have a real heavy cam that kinda gets attention. It shoots foot long flames in the day and over three when it is dark.

Not good when you don't have insurance on it. . . So I have some work to do. I don't like to just go around asking for problems. (I will insure it before I go anywhere).

I might be able to work out a day away from the family and work - We could do the Tampa trip in one day right? What are the details on it?
Rider914
Oh wait, Next weekend - Dec. 4th - I have a cub scouts camping trip. Won't work, is Black Forest a destination for us SE Fl guys? Lets do it while it is cold, I like to run when it is in the 60 - 70's.
iiibdsiil
QUOTE(jwalters @ Nov 27 2004, 09:07 AM)
iiibdsiilo: what is the down low on black forest, seeing as you used to work there???

PM me, I will tell ya whatever ya want to hear, I'm not gonna post anything though.
jwalters
QUOTE(Rider914 @ Nov 27 2004, 05:22 PM)
Oh wait, Next weekend - Dec. 4th - I have a cub scouts camping trip. Won't work, is Black Forest a destination for us SE Fl guys? Lets do it while it is cold, I like to run when it is in the 60 - 70's.

wink.gif Thats cool dude---is that pic of your ride----it sure is nice!!! beer.gif

Well if anything changes about the boy scouts trip and you still wanna go let me know--I will be doing it in one day. Later man--J beerchug.gif
martinef1963
Hey bro - I live in Miami (Kendall) and have a 72 teener - she is in the garage right now suffering from a severe exhaust leak - will have it on the road shortly though.

Where in S. FL do you live?

later,
jwalters
QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Nov 29 2004, 09:14 AM)
Hey bro - I live in Miami (Kendall) and have a 72 teener - she is in the garage right now suffering from a severe exhaust leak - will have it on the road shortly though.

Where in S. FL do you live?

later,

ohmy.gif hay man sorry so long to get back wihth you--live off of 84 and 595 @ flamingo..How bad is the leak and where is it? I just had surgery the other day and I am flying on oxycodone right now--but in a week or two I would like to get up with ya, always good to have a fellow teener friend around!!! beer.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
martinef1963
Good to hear from you - hope your recovery goes well, and by the read of it - your flying high smoke.gif

I have her in the garage, ass up in the air. The leak is in the driver's side SS heat exchanger. I had a difficult time removing the nuts - some of the studs came off, and some of the nuts stripped..... mad.gif

I finally got them off last night, but have to do some hili-coil tap on one stud hole. Aside from that - it will be a piece of cake.

hope all is well.
jwalters
smoke.gif yea thanks--just popped another one in da mouth 30 min abooo---i fel god yyyyyggggggggdd b/vdk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.