Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pushrod tube help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
Is there any trick to getting pushrod tubes loose? They spin fine, but they won't pull out for anything. I've been gently prying the head against the cylinders with a long screwdriver. The top is loose, but the bottom where the pushrods sit is not going anywhere.

Thanks in advance! beerchug.gif

Konrad
dfelz
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ May 19 2013, 11:53 AM) *

Is there any trick to getting pushrod tubes loose? They spin fine, but they won't pull out for anything. I've been gently prying the head against the cylinders with a long screwdriver. The top is loose, but the bottom where the pushrods sit is not going anywhere.

Konrad

Are you trying to pull the head off at the same time?? make sure that the deflector plate that is below the pushrod tubes isnt screwed into the head when pulling the head off. there is one very small screw going into the head holding that tin there, along with two other screws going into the block, but to pull the head just the small screw needs to be taken out first.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ May 19 2013, 10:53 AM) *

Konrad

I grip them with channel locks firmly, not enough to crush and then lever up with a flat blade screw driver against the edge of the sump while rotating back and forth .....takes a little zen and great peace of mind to disassemble and reassemble engine........
krazykonrad
Thanks y'all. I'll give it a try.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.