Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheels ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrobin
i just purchased a 914 and it has riviera mag wheels on it. after looking as past forums
it seems you guys really don't like them. they look ok to me.
so what is not good about riviera wheels ??
tks.
scotty914
i have em too, but there are a couple reasons why they are not liked

bug offset limits you to 195 tires, i had to roll my fender edges to clear 195's

they are heavy, about 4 lbs per wheel more

they are not as strong as typical porsche 914 rims, ie dont ax them they could break

and the damn vw thing, i think most people see as a vw wheel so it brings up narp thoughts

but i got mine cheap ( 125 for 5 rims ) and to me they look better than rusted steel rims, that came on my car
VegasRacer
It is purely a matter of personal opinion. Maybe some of the Riviera bashers are suffering from Fuchs envy? The 1st teener I owned came with Riviera's. It was a black car and I thought they looked great. I will admit they do not look as good on some other colors.

If you like 'em, that's all that matters.

P.S. Welcome to the club. Post a photo of your car.
mrobin
i've tried to post a picture before, but the site won't accept it, says it's too large.
being the cumputer dummy i am, i can't figure out how to make the picture smaller.

anyhow, thanks for the reply..
cheers.
seanery
click on the FAQ link at the top of the page, there are instructions for posting pics and other tidbits of info there.
xsboost90
yeah i have those....wanna buy em?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.