Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
If I don't care about heat in my car (for now), can I just leave the s-shaped ducts between the fan shroud and the heat exchangers off?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jeffdon @ May 20 2013, 10:34 AM) *

If I don't care about heat in my car (for now), can I just leave the s-shaped ducts between the fan shroud and the heat exchangers off?

If you do so, you'll suck exhaust fumes into the cabin. Usually not a good idea.

Why don't you just turn the heat off?
confused24.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 20 2013, 11:08 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ May 20 2013, 10:34 AM) *

If you do so, you'll suck exhaust fumes into the cabin. Usually not a good idea.

Why don't you just turn the heat off?
confused24.gif

It disabled now. No flapper boxes or ducts. I just was wondering about the fan shroud to exchanger part. Should I cap off the exit holes in the shroud, or just leave open.
GeorgeRud
I don't think there should be any real problem as the heat exchangers do let the air back out in either the open or closed position.

BTW, a spray paint can top fits over the heat ducts in the body perfectly. Just use a hose clamp to hold them in place and you don't have to worry about any fumes coming up through the heat ducts into the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.