Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no power to fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeff boucher
checked for power none took pump out connected to 12 volts nothing removed top and tryed power again and 5 steel barrels went flying 1and1/2 hours later found them all cleaned all parts put back and pump runs good but have no power at connection tinking its relay how do i check new to this thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(jeff boucher @ May 20 2013, 11:42 AM) *

checked for power none took pump out connected to 12 volts nothing removed top and tryed power again and 5 steel barrels went flying 1and1/2 hours later found them all cleaned all parts put back and pump runs good but have no power at connection tinking its relay how do i check new to this thanks

Can't help you with your problem but i might be able to save your grandmother from being eaten!
biggrin.gif

welcome.png

Cap'n Krusty
Guessing at a D-jet equipped car. You'll only have power for about 1.5 seconds after you turn the key on. The power returns after the car cranks and runs. Replace the FI and fuel pump relays with the 2 for the headlight motors. If that solves the problem, you're good. If not, look at PB Anders excellent D-jet website:
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/djetparts.htm

More help than you may ever need, and everything there is verified to be correct over years of use. If you have a 1.8 with L-jet, we need to further explore the problems.

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 20 2013, 11:57 AM) *

QUOTE(jeff boucher @ May 20 2013, 11:42 AM) *

Can't help you with your problem but i might be able to save your grandmother from being eaten!
biggrin.gif

welcome.png

And there's always "Let's help his uncle, Jack, off the horse".

The Cap'n

Brian_Boss
Don't mean to insult you but did you check the fuse?

In addition to the fuel pump drawing too much current, if the AAR wire shorts to ground, it blows the fuse.
jeff boucher
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ May 20 2013, 05:36 PM) *

Don't mean to insult you but did you check the fuse?

In addition to the fuel pump drawing too much current, if the AAR wire shorts to ground, it blows the fuse.

thanks but were is fuse confused24.gif
yeahmag
On the relay board behind the driver in the engine compartment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.