Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Flasher Relay New OEM or Source ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
913B
Just checking with you all if anyone had a spare lying around, before shopping online.

BTW are the URO ones ok and are they made in China ?

Thanks in advance
Ted
914Sixer
Ted, I have one. Let me get a picture. You want one for the 71?
913B
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 20 2013, 05:56 PM) *

Ted, I have one. Let me get a picture. You want one for the 71?

Yes
914Sixer
The wide one is for the 71

$14 shipped. Paypal: a914nut@email.com
913B
So I went to double check which one I have and find this big silver relay. I think that's the flasher relay which may explain why my turn indicators in the gauge flashes 2x and then quits.

You know more than I do Mark. If that's the correct flasher for a 71, paypal coming.

Thank you

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Ted, the big silver relay is for the headlights. It is usually a small VW Ghia unit as in the picture. The turn signal relay looks like this and is mounted in a round base.
913B
Those wires on the relay correspond to the combination relay according to the wiring diagram if it helps any
913B
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 20 2013, 07:41 PM) *

Ted, the big silver relay is for the headlights. It is usually a small VW Ghia unit as in the picture. The turn signal relay looks like this and is mounted in a round base.

What do they call the flasher relay, I cant locate it on the wiring diagram, they don't call it the "flasher relay" do they ?
913B
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ May 20 2013, 07:14 PM) *

So I went to double check which one I have and find this big silver relay. I think that's the flasher relay which may explain why my turn indicators in the gauge flashes 2x and then quits.

You know more than I do Mark. If that's the correct flasher for a 71, paypal coming.

Thank you

Click to view attachment

Is it the round silver one on the left side ?
914Sixer
Round sliver one is a ignition buzzer if you leave the key in the switch. Check up under the dash near the headlight switch and you should find your turn signal relay like the one in picture. It will be mounted in the dash frame.
913B
Yup it was on the dash frame. SOLD PP coming.

Thanks so much, hopefully that will solve my problem.
biggrin.gif
913B
So I am not sure if the relay is still the problem, the used relay made no difference. I read many posts that say the relay is the problem.
Anyone have a new OEM for sale or suggest a place to buy them.

Thanks in advance.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ May 20 2013, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ May 20 2013, 07:14 PM) *

Thank you

Click to view attachment

Is it the round silver one on the left side ?

The relay you're holding is the headlight dimmer relay, the one on the left is the key buzzer relay. The flasher relay is a tall rectangular relay with 4 terminals. There are no suitable substitutes available from non-VW/Porsche suppliers; i.e., don't look for one at your FLAPS. NO OTHER VW or Porsche relay will work! The part number is 914 618 303 11. URO brand parts are made in China and are a waste of your time and money.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.