Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
I need to remove/replace my sock. I have replaced every gas line except the plastic in the tunnel. So seems like an excellent time time to do it.

Question 1) if factory plastic are available and lasted 40 years why not stock. Otherwise it appears to be a consensus for Tangerine SS kit.

Question 2) with the engine in what all do I need to remove to make it straight forward to replace the fuel lines? Pictures would help!!

Is it really that straight forward threading SS hard lines through the required path. Don't want to start something that could take more than a day....

Regards

James
Rotary'14
QUOTE(jesiv @ May 20 2013, 06:16 PM) *

I need to remove/replace my sock. I have replaced every gas line except the plastic in the tunnel. So seems like an excellent time time to do it.

Question 1) if factory plastic are available and lasted 40 years why not stock. Otherwise it appears to be a consensus for Tangerine SS kit.

Question 2) with the engine in what all do I need to remove to make it straight forward to replace the fuel lines? Pictures would help!!

Is it really that straight forward threading SS hard lines through the required path. Don't want to start something that could take more than a day....

Regards

James

It's do-able with the engine in,, but you must pull your fuel tank for the front part.
There is a video of an installation in my for sale thread in the vendor's section,,, awww here, I'll save you some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxFRQTWLetw

Buy from whomever makes you more comfortable with. biggrin.gif
struckn
Plastic does not like Ethanol gas! Neither does old rubber. If it's a carb car you only need to run one line. Don't need the return line with Carbs. Fuel Bowl and Lower Pressure then FI.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.