Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: first 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motolitho
My first post as an owner. 6 years in the making!
Stutters (missing I think), oil leak, crap job of rust repair... but check out the 5-lug conversion! Has anyone seen 944 wheels on a 914? How do I tell what kind of conversion I have? popcorn[1].gif
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
914Sixer
See what kind of struts and hubs you have up front. Pull the rear wheels and see if the hubs are drilled or real -6 hubs and rotors. Yes, 944 wheels are common usage depending on the size and offset. welcome.png
motolitho
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 20 2013, 08:59 PM) *

See what kind of struts and hubs you have up front. Pull the rear wheels and see if the hubs are drilled or real -6 hubs and rotors. Yes, 944 wheels are common usage depending on the size and offset. welcome.png

thanks, will do.
ThePaintedMan
welcome.png

Looks purty from here! Looking forward to more pics and info.
motolitho
as for the stuttering, taking it in tomorrow to the local porsche guy to check the vacuum lines/timing, etc...

Im so pumped!

The hell hole has a patchwork of sheet metal pounded/welded in, the trunk has a few replaced panels. Much more discovery to come. All in all, seems solid. idea.gif

The original color was the light blue- not naming names- but someone did a garage paint job in gloss black. blink.gif Need to bring that back to the real color- media blast is in the cards at some point. Just need to get it road worthy for now.
motolitho
more...
Mr.242
And the addiction is now in the untreatable stage!

Quick...get yourself some amazing jackstands!

welcome.png
motolitho
nice stereo... mad.gif
motolitho
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 20 2013, 09:31 PM) *

And the addiction is now in the untreatable stage!

Quick...get yourself some amazing jackstands!

welcome.png

I know, the longs. Doors close good, good gaps. How far should I go checking things out before I am trained in the art of mig welding... ?
motolitho
And thank you all for the welcome. beerchug.gif
rjames
Looks good! I like the side marker delete.
pcar916
welcome.png
JawjaPorsche
Your wheels really look good with your 914! beerchug.gif
welcome.png
Cairo94507
welcome.png That looks pretty nice from the picture. I like the wheels too. Best approach, IMHO, is to fully evaluate the car and identify all of the issues which you will want to correct and then prioritize that list and be systematic about it - as much as you can. Most importantly do not bit off more than you can chew at one time. Good luck and enjoy.
stuttgart46
'73 2.0 with 5 lug conversion is a great place to start. Congrats.
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Kirmizi
welcome.png
I'd also suggest signing up on the Colorado 914 board.
You've got a lot of 914 fanatics close by with plenty of knowledge and advice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.