Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom emblems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
timothy_nd28
Hello 914world, in the member vender section RJMII provided a service for custom emblems for our 914’s. Jim fell upon hard times and was unable to fulfill orders that were prepaid. A&Pgirl since bought Jim’s company and made a promise to honor all prepaid orders but went back on her word shortly after. This never sat right with me, as I felt bad for members who were basically SOL. I asked Jim last January if I could help out and make things right with the 20 some members who already prepaid but received nothing. My uncle who owns a machine shop is a very generous person, agreed to this worthy cause as a favor for me. He donated material and labor for free, a few weeks later I had a small box of emblems. Early February, I mailed this box to Jim’s house for final polishing and for him to mail these out to their rightful owners. Since then, I heard no word from Jim so I started to PM some members on here to see if they ever received their emblems. AP girl refused to supply me the list of people who got shorted, and she stated that I violated some non-compete contract between her and Jim.

I was trying to do a nice thing by taking the initiative of making these for the people that already paid but got shafted. Moreover, trying to end this nightmare and restore peace on our site.
My question to you guys, has anyone received one of these emblems recently? I never received a list from Jim of people that prepaid.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Jim seems easier to find on Facebook than here lately. He lives in Oklahoma so given today's natural disaster, I'd give him some time to respond.

As for violating a non-compete, bad boy! No cookie!!! happy11.gif
scotty b
Kudos to you for picking up where Kroger Girl dropped the ball left off, and doing the standup thing. Even if it wasn't your responsibility to do so. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Looks like a win win situation all the way around. biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
The 1.8T is mine. pre paid.

Never received emblem... sad.gif
Mike Bellis
Timothy,

Thanks for doing this. I know Jim has had a hard time recently. As for the "No Compete" BS, that B**** can go Fuch herself.

She made a deal and did not keep up to the agreement. You did this out of kindness without asking for money.

Thank You!

Now, I hope shipping comes soon... But I waited this long...
tomeric914
I PM'd A&P Girl more than a week ago to see if she was making emblems and have yet to receive a response. If she isn't making them, but Tim is making them for free, then who is competing with who?
ThePaintedMan
No dogs in this fight, but that was nice of you Tim!
scotty b
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ May 20 2013, 07:09 PM) *

I PM'd A&P Girl more than a week ago to see if she was making emblems and have yet to receive a response. If she isn't making them, but Tim is making them for free, then who is competing with who?

Kroger girl openly decided that despite her aknowledgement of buying Jim's backlog, she wasn't going to honor it. It is all in posts here on the forum. She showed her colors, and now Timothy is stepping up and showing his. smile.gif beerchug.gif
SirAndy
IBTL popcorn[1].gif
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 20 2013, 11:16 PM) *

IBTL popcorn[1].gif

av-943.gif Me too. Andy, I've always respected how, even though you certainly have the ability to intervene, you let the moderators do their own thing beerchug.gif
moparrob
That was very cool of you to pick up on this. If you get stuck with either a 3.0 emblem or a 914-6 emblem, or both let me know and I'll pay you for them.

You definitely went above and beyond the call of duty on this one.
bcheney
Back in Nov of 2012 I PM'd APGirl asking for a price and delivery date. I had not prepaid. She told me she wasnt set up yet and I never heard anything back. I wanted to purchase a 914-6 badge. Let me know if you end up with availablity. Very cool of you to take this on.

Thanks,

Brian
Mr.242
Very nice of you of you to get some of these done for those who are looking for them.
May KARMA be in your favor!
Chris H.
QUOTE(bcheney @ May 20 2013, 10:22 PM) *

Back in Nov of 2012 I PM'd APGirl asking for a price and delivery date. I had not prepaid. She told me she wasnt set up yet and I never heard anything back. I wanted to purchase a 914-6 badge. Let me know if you end up with availablity. Very cool of you to take this on.

Thanks,

Brian

agree.gif I want need a 914-6 badge as well!
speed metal army
Yep!If you get stuck with a 914-8 badge,Ill take it yesterday. smile.gif
Very cool of you BTW! agree.gif
Mark Henry
I'd like a 914-6 and 3.0 badge as well, but I doubt if A&P will ever make them or that I would buy them from her now.
'73-914kid
IBLT, but good on you for doing these up Timothy.. they look gorgeous...
bigkensteele
I have no horse in this race either, other than to say that Kroger is a well-respected Cincinnati company. I do not believe that they are connected to A&P, or any affiliated agent. We shop with them almost daily and have never found that they take our money without supplying us what we have paid for.
Cairo94507
This what a community is all about. Kudos to you Timothy for stepping in and making this right. As for the girl......be embarrassed.
speed metal army
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 20 2013, 08:51 PM) *

I'd like a 914-6 and 3.0 badge as well, but I doubt if A&P will ever make them or that I would buy them from her now.

Maybe someone(Tim)should make these...It seems there is a market with a giant hole in it. confused24.gif
A&PGirl
Yes, I am doing emblems. I did not lie and I guess what? They will be done this summer. Jim screwed me over like he did all of you. He never give me the software, all the emblem files were broken and the equipment was broken.

I did not authorize this guy or agree to anything. For those who are wondering, I do not agree to this here is why (pulled from PM messages with this thread starter):

I'm really interested in the picture of the emblems you ran off so I can help you count from the picture. (never sent picture)

I'm taking this very serious because I know Jim in not trustworthy and I don't know if you are trustworthy.

From what you have said to me, you have enabled and helped Jim violate his signed non-compete agreement and verbal agreement that I would provide the emblems to people who had not received them.

I would strongly advise you not to market (sell, trade or give away) any of Jim's emblem products.

Jim refused to share names on unfulfilled orders with me. Since he gave those names to you out of the blue, please forward them to me so I can get the emblems out to those people. This make the happy ending you say you desire.

Why did you contact Jim for the emblem products?
Why did Jim give you the emblem files? (good files)
Why did you lie about the numbers & names to me?
Eric_Shea
Oh dear god... you need therapy. Bad.

This guy bails everyone out after Jim goes AWOL and you stated "quite clearly" in a previous thread that you were NOT going to help these people.

He's a friggen saint.

Seek help from a professional.
ConeDodger
Oy! You just shat yourself! stromberg.gif
Mike Bellis
Time to lock the thread.....

You have done nothing to help the 914 community. If you actually intended to complete the orders, you would have contacted all of us with a status update.

All you do is gouge people and complain that someone is screwing you over.

Edit: No lock needed.
A&PGirl
Eric, I think you made your point that you hate my guts. I understand that.

My earlier statements still stand.

Jim screwed me over like he did all of you. He never give me the software, all the emblem files were broken and the equipment was broken.

Why does Jim trust this guy implicitly?
Why did Jim give this guy the emblem files? (good files)
Why did this guy enable & help Jim violate his non-compete agreement because he felt sorry?

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 20 2013, 09:11 PM) *

Time to lock the thread.....

You have done nothing to help the 914 community. If you actually intended to complete the orders, you would have contacted all of us with a status update.

All you do is gouge people and complain that someone is screwing you over.

Edit: No lock needed.

bs.gif

I never have been politically correct... biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I don't really hate anyone. I just think you make really lousy business decisions and, I think you're... well... "unbalanced" is the best way to describe it.

Get professional help.
timothy_nd28
Thanks everyone for backing me up and the support. This was a one time deal, to help a member in need. Jim simply told me what emblems to make to fulfill his backlog. I have no intentions of making any other emblems. After the fallout last December, I felt that I needed to do something for the guys that lost hope. The point of this thread was to show the members that prepaid, that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
BTW, the file Jim sent was also broken. My uncle has an army of machinist that reverse engineered to make this happen.
A&PGirl
Bcheney-

I sent you a PM in response to your inquiry on Nov. 26, 2012 3:09pm. I did not receive a PM back from you.
Please check you Inbox.

Mark Henry-

I don't have record of you sending me a pm about emblems you purchased, but did not receive.
speed metal army
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ May 20 2013, 09:14 PM) *

Jim screwed me over like he did all of you. He never give me the software, all the emblem files were broken and the equipment was broken.

Why did this guy enable & help Jim violate his non-compete agreement because he felt sorry?

Question:
How the hell is Tim violating a non compete by making emblems for free?
confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(speed metal army @ May 20 2013, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(A&PGirl @ May 20 2013, 09:14 PM) *

Question:
How the hell is Tim violating a non compete by making emblems for free?
confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif

He isn't. He had no such agreement. He simply made emblems 'she' said she would not, and Jim could not. I predict no further emblems will ever be made by her. It's an open market in my opinion.
A&PGirl
Jim made the files and gave them to him.
scotty b
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ May 20 2013, 08:14 PM) *

You openly stated you would not complete Jims orders that it was not part of your agreement. YOU ALONE fucked up your business. Stop telling everyone who knows better that you were screwed. You have serious issues and need real help. And for the love of god DO NOT pull the girl card out like you have done before. Itn has NOTHING to do with your gender, but EVERYTIHING to do with your attitude and perceived knowledge.

You have repeatedly made it clear to everyone that you are the higher power, you can do no wrong. I and a few others saw you tell people on the Early S Registry that they were wrong, that YOU knew what the plating should be on the seat mounts on those cars. Get off your high fucking horse and get a grip on yourself. Your business suffers because of YOU and nothing more

Good day Madam dry.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 20 2013, 08:22 PM) *

I don't really hate anyone. I just think you make really lousy business decisions and, I think you're... well... "unbalanced" is the best way to describe it.

Get professional help.

agree.gif not hooked up right... Retreat and rewire.
914itis
Great gesture Tim,
I ordered some seals from a&p last week.
As I am reading this thread , I would never support her and purchase her products again.

Mike Bellis
I love this topic! av-943.gif

She always plays the victim... smilie_pokal.gif

bootyshake.gif
SirAndy
So who's making new emblems now? rolleyes.gif

I need a 3.6 in gold ...
poke.gif
jgara962
QUOTE(914itis @ May 20 2013, 09:39 PM) *

Great gesture Tim,
I ordered some seals from a&p last week.
As I am reading this thread , I would never support her and purchase her products again.

agree.gif
914six
Thanks to Tim !!

I see my 916 emblem that i prepaid Jim for ... and A&P girl would
not honor. Jim ripped me off for a lousy $48.00 ha ha....what a
tool..!

I applaud Tim for his actions to help the many people that were left
high and dry...

Thanks Tim for your efforts !

Harry
Mike Bellis
I just messaged Jim on Facebook and gave him my address. He is finishing polishing now that he is out of the Hospital.

Jim is a stand up guy with some serious health problems.

I suggest anyone waiting for an emblem email or PM him with your shipping address.
McMark
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 20 2013, 09:49 PM) *

So who's making new emblems now? rolleyes.gif

I need a 3.6 in gold ...
poke.gif

That's gonna be expensive! elvira.gif
Mike Bellis
Jim is avoiding the World due to the stress it puts on him to get ridiculed publicly.

He says he has some shipping addresses for the previous orders. Please send him an update about your order. Do not get mad if you do not receive a response.

Jim has spent much of his time in the hospital over the last few years. This is why he sold the business to Carrie. Tim sent all the emblems to Jim. He has them and is polishing away. As soon as they are ready, he will ship.
pete000
After all the dust settles, I would be interested in a "2.5"in black if there are any laying around.

cheer.gif
Dasnowman

I would like a 916 one if there is any extra's or if someone else is stepping up to the plate to make some welder.gif !

I'll pay extra for no drama! bootyshake.gif
timothy_nd28
Jim contacted me, the radio silence has been broken! Due to the storms today, his internet connection is marginal at best. He sent me some pics via text, and wanted me to post these pictures on his behalf of his progress. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting much brighter!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

People that prepaid, please PM me with your shipping info and what you ordered. Jim's health is degrading and this added stress doesn't help with his crohn's disease. I'll compile this list and forward it to Jim for shipping.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ May 21 2013, 12:24 AM) *

Bcheney-

I sent you a PM in response to your inquiry on Nov. 26, 2012 3:09pm. I did not receive a PM back from you.
Please check you Inbox.

Mark Henry-

I don't have record of you sending me a pm about emblems you purchased, but did not receive.

Re-read my post, I didn't say I was part of this fucked up deal...thank dog.

I said I'd like emblems myself, but I doubt whether you can ever do them or now if I'd ever buy from you. Gender has nothing to do with this...character does.

Personally you should have figured out what was wrong with your equipment and ate the 2 dozen badges. In fact if you had have shown movement to this end I bet certain members would of helped you fix your shit for free. You are your own worse enemy.

Good day as well.

blitZ
I did not order an emblem previously, but will take a 2.5.

hide.gif
TheCabinetmaker
My completely unprofessional opinion, just because I can.

I fail to understand how Tim or his uncle has violated any non compete clause. Tim signed no such agreement. A&P stated they would not make good on the promise to produce the items. Deal over and done.

Tim made no monetary gains from the manfacture of items. The profit (if any) was made by Jim long before the sale of his company. Jim is responsible for the emblems or return of the money, unless that debt was included in the sale.

I'm willing to bet that there is no patent or copyrights held on producing the emblems by anyone here. Therefore, Tim, or I, or anyone else who desires to manufacture the emblems can do so and compete directly.

Carrie, I think you may have shit in your own nest here big time.
bulitt
Yes, I agree. The non compete clause in a contract involves no other party not named. Usually such a clause is for a specific period of time,. Also , some harm would have to result from the action. In this case, the outcome of producing the long awaited order is beneficial to everyone involved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.