Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Turn Signal Conversion $280.00 plus shipping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Martin Baker
Been busy this week! Thanks to everyone! Sticker reads,

RACECAR Spelled backwards is RACECAR.
Martin Baker
Here is what I will ship today, I am caught up! (For Now)
jkb944t
They look great! I hope the two loose reflectors are headed my way.

Jeff B
Martin Baker
QUOTE(jkb944t @ Feb 5 2016, 01:08 PM) *

Jeff B

Thanks very much, and THEY ARE!!
porschetub
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Feb 6 2016, 10:10 AM) *

QUOTE(jkb944t @ Feb 5 2016, 01:08 PM) *

Jeff B

Thanks very much, and THEY ARE!!

Top marks ,nice to see someone doing it right,very much unlike 2 other suppliers we have that sell rubbish plastic ones that don't perform or fit anything like yours.
Will be in contact soon for DIY kit,cheers.
Jett
They look amazing, can't wait to bolt on our set smile.gif
brand mountain
ordered a set of these from martin and he turned them around in a reasonable time and they look great. will install at a later date but very pleased! cool to have members like him on this site.
Martin Baker
Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate that! I took longer to do yours than normal, as I am trying to get my car prepped for the CSRG season opener at Sears Point, on the 1st 2nd 3rd of April. If anyone's in the area, or attending the event, please stop by and say "Hello" I'll be running in Group 8!

I have several mods that I've done to the car over the winter that should make a difference in lap times. Can't wait to try them out. DOT R tires for one.. Coming off bias-ply , it should be a rocket. If you bought a set of signals for me any profit I made went into the mods. I can guarantee you that. So everybody that bought something from me, help put the car where it is today. Thanks for the support in a roundabout way.
rgalla9146
Great job on the lamps Martin !
What is the wheel / tire size combination on the rear of your car ?
Spacers, offset ?
Thank you
Rory
Martin Baker
Again, thanks for the kudos on my conversions, compliments are always good for the soul, in this thankless world! On to the fun stuff!

Tires are the Toyo R888, P235/50/15. After finding out the many modern type DOT R tires are on the approved list for SVRA and CSRG, I took off the Hooiser Street TD I had been running, FUN, but not fast, compared to the DOT R rubber. I wasn't sure these tires would fit the back of my car, and I had always stuck with a 225 size in the width spectrum. It was a close fit, without rubbing. I, more or less have rolled the dice here, and when I picked them up after mount/balance, I was sure I had come up short on my gamble. I was already trying to work the logistics of a second set of R888 rear tires in the 225 width, which they also make. They are a little shorter. I installed and did a suspension compression check with close fit, but no rubbing in the normal travel area. Drove it around the block, it all seems to work now, but I will know more after the first practice next Saturday! I have a feeling I will need to adjust the front bar setting, as I am sure these tires will bring some push into the mix. The first session will be info overload, with the multiple changes over the Winter, tires, transmission, rear brakes(PMB Alloy 914/6 GT Rears, from a spaced 4 cylinder caliper), IDT3C Webers (the economy Weber, 911T,914/6) converted to IDAs (the performance Weber, 911S), by Paul Abbot (Performance Oriented) up in Chico (who I believe, will be attending), with a more race type set up. If you have questions about your Webers, Paul is the guy. He lives Weber carbs. Too many changes at once really, but, you know how that goes! All for a few seconds on a piece of paper, and a little bragging from a good friend and his Alfa GTV, which rubbed me the wrong way! Action must be taken!

One thing for sure is the car now looks like a drag car from behind. Those tires are huge!
forrestkhaag
Martin: What is your turn around time for a set of fronts if you receive the buckets in decent shape? I am going on the Route 66 and would hate to have to use flashlights on the front of my car if I got caught in a turnaround time delay issue..

Alternative: Can a buyer pay the 200, then exchange the existing (good) buckets for a refund of "core charges" so that I am not out of luck if there is a delay in production??

thanks beerchug.gif

Martin Baker
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Mar 26 2016, 03:51 PM) *

Martin: What is your turn around time for a set of fronts if you receive the buckets in decent shape? I am going on the Route 66 and would hate to have to use flashlights on the front of my car if I got caught in a turnaround time delay issue..

Alternative: Can a buyer pay the 200, then exchange the existing (good) buckets for a refund of "core charges" so that I am not out of luck if there is a delay in production??

thanks beerchug.gif

If you let me know what the drop dead date is I will make the dead line without issue, I have good cores here, just need to be blasted, I have refractors made up now, so in my best estimation, early week after next, as this next upcoming week will be all about getting my car track/race ready. Looking at the dates for your event, I should have no problem, unless I am seriously injured at Sear Point!. I will get a set ready ASAP if you really want them.
johnpierre
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ May 20 2013, 07:44 PM) *

To make it a little more clear, current prices for my conversions.

Ready to Install, complete pair of signal housings, shipped. $200.00

Ship me yours, I convert/restore, retuned shipped with new bulbs, $150.00

DIY refractor with a new bulbs, shipped, $85.00

They have a new technique I tried, the refactors in these are polished to a very shiny reflective finish, and its looks great. ALL the others I made before these had painted refactors, which did not reflect like this! It did however, add some time to complete a set. Units are restored, include four new bulbs, two 1157 and two type 89, modified to plug right into your 914 or 914/6. NO MODIFICATION to the car or its wiring harness. They function exactly as a Euro car does, the lower, clear lens portion serves as Park/Running/City Light, Amber Section Signals intention.

Hey Martin
Does this conversion include the lenses or do I have to purchase those separately?

-jp-
Martin Baker
Thanks a lot for the inquiry. I do not provide the lenses as I am not able to get any kind of good deal on them. I'm not an actual licensed business, or a distributor or anything of that sort. I would have to buy them, just like you would and then I would have to provide them to you at my cost. It would actually cost you more in the end. Hope this makes it a little bit more clear. Thank you again..
gulf908
Martin,

I would like to order a pair of these euro light housings from you.
I recently got a price from Italy for NOS Euro housings and I nearly fainted ! sad.gif
My May 1970 914-6 already has the Euro lenses.
My aim is to have the side lights re wired to connect with the indicator lights.
I would like to throw these side lights away as far as possible but it would leave a hole in the fenders.
The Italian seller has given me instructions how to do this.
I believe the Danish & Italian 914s had this arrangement.
Please PM the cost of shipping to Sydney Australia by regular air mail.
Pay Pal ?

Cheers
Dennis smile.gif

raynekat
Martin:
I am back in town now and would like to send you my set of front turn signals for you to convert.
Are you still doing this service?
If yes, where do I send the housings and how do I pay you?
PM is fine....
Martin Baker
Back in California! PM replied to and I will get that shipping quote this week.

MB
flmont
Martin,..could you wire the buckets up,...and make the round fender running light blink as well,..??? Thanks FM
Martin Baker
Yes of course, with the miracle of electrical wiring you could make this bulb illuminate when signaling, but of course you would lose its function as a sidemarker, as it would only illuminate when signaling, due to the fact that the original bulb is single filament type. You would have to modify the housing to accept a bulb with one that will perform the role that is a dual-element bulb. One side to illuminate as a parking light and one to illuminate as the signaling light. It's possible that the correct bulb may exist to make it perform both roles but you would need to modify the receptacle for the side marker housing for a dual-element connection. Not worth all the work for a light that most would rather see eliminated off the car anyway. I'm quite sure when the German Engineers put the side marker light on the 914 they made it is ugly as possible since it was a US regulation. Anyone could have designed a more aesthetically pleasing design than that. It had to be made ugly on purpose. And ugly it is.
Martin Baker
Little update for folks expecting, here's where I am, finally had a weekend, I have a full time gig, so this is a hobby for those who did not know.

DIY will ship tomorrow, and the complete will ship Tuesday. I have 1 conversion which should also ship Monday. I only have a couple of good housings remaining, so IF your were considering buying a set outright, I would make that move.

MB
raynekat
[quote name='Martin Baker' date='May 15 2016, 10:11 AM' post='2344980']
Little update for folks expecting, here's where I am, finally had a weekend, I have a full time gig, so this is a hobby for those who did not know.

DIY will ship tomorrow, and the complete will ship Tuesday. I have 1 conversion which should also ship Monday. I only have a couple of good housings remaining, so IF your were considering buying a set outright, I would make that move.

MB
[/q]

Thx for the great conversion work you do. Sent you PP for my completed housings. -DougS (Boring)
Martin Baker
Thanks allot Doug! I appreciate it. His set was a really good example of a set that shouldn't really be restored. They had good original surface remaining inside so I just added the refractor. Then wired it up. This is what I did to one of my cars. It's pretty rare to find a set of housings in good shape like this.
eric914
Martin,

are DIY kits still available?
rgalla9146
Hi Martin
Me too, Are DIY kits still available ?
Rory
Martin Baker
Hey folks, have not looked at this stuff for a while. I will take a look to see what I have parts wise, and let everyone know, including PMs. I am sure I don't have any serviceable housings. I may have some sockets, as I did order quite a few last year.I will report back ASAP...

MB
raynekat
Martin....you need to buy this.

For $250, you get a bunch of housings.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=307038
Martin Baker
OK, so I have one set of sockets in my box of signal stuff, so I will have to order parts.

Crickets,,,,no parts ordered.
Amenson
I would like to order a DIY kit. PM sent.

Thanks,
Scott
amfab
Semi-Hijack,

Who owns the orange car on page one of this thread?
The example car

thank you

-Andrew
deemsriddle
I have my housings out and would like to have the conversion done by you. I can PayPal you or send you a personal check with the housings, your choice. What is the mailing address and what is the turn around time?
Martin Baker
QUOTE(amfab @ May 22 2017, 09:21 AM) *

Semi-Hijack,

The example car

thank you

-Andrew

Its my street car that I never drive now that texting is SO popular while driving...
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Aug 16 2018, 09:35 PM) *

QUOTE(amfab @ May 22 2017, 09:21 AM) *

Semi-Hijack,

The example car

thank you

-Andrew

Its my street car that I never drive now that texting is SO popular while driving...

Just here to say...that car is simply stunning, Martin. wub.gif

pete
DRPHIL914
beautiful car! -
also would like a DIY kit for the euro conversion of signal lights- I have already purchased and installed very nice buckets. if I had known about this a couple months ago I would have bought the whole thing- .

Phil
Martin Baker
Fan of your fine example as well Pete. Took this at RS IV before we met.
Dominic
Martin,
Are you coming out to Rennsport this year? poke.gif

Cheers,
Dominic
Martin Baker
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 17 2018, 05:30 AM) *

beautiful car! -
also would like a DIY kit for the euro conversion of signal lights- I have already purchased and installed very nice buckets. if I had known about this a couple months ago I would have bought the whole thing- .

Phil

Sir, first, thanks for the compliment on my narrow body car. means allot, and if you like, you could send me those buckets, and I will install the refractor assemblies and not touch the housings. I could turn them in two days, if I have them built and ready to go when yours arrive. Let me know.

Otherwise I will PM you on details to just get the refractors for you to put in.

MB
Martin Baker
QUOTE(Dominic @ Aug 17 2018, 07:34 AM) *

Martin,
Are you coming out to Rennsport this year? poke.gif

Cheers,
Dominic

Yes, I didn't even bother to try and enter this time. Unless your car really WON something back in the day, you ARE not getting in now. This narrows down the owners to a handful, meaning, during selection process for last one, I heard of one guy getting four cars accepted, and it wasn't Jerry Seinfeld, no idea how many entries he had there. I am guessing at that point you need to start hiring Drivers! I say "Give me a call, I would LOVE to ring the neck of some vintage, historically significant, PORSCHE race car, my personal FAV woud be an RSK please" Poverty SUCKS!

Friend and I are going down...

MB
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Aug 17 2018, 01:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 17 2018, 05:30 AM) *

beautiful car! -

Phil

Sir, first, thanks for the compliment on my narrow body car. means allot, and if you like, you could send me those buckets, and I will install the refractor assemblies and not touch the housings. I could turn them in two days, if I have them built and ready to go when yours arrive. Let me know.

Otherwise I will PM you on details to just get the refractors for you to put in.

MB

thanks for that offer! Unfortunately i have these installed in the car and hate to pull them out. i would like to take you up on the offer to send the set my way.
Will awate your PM
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Aug 17 2018, 07:22 AM) *

Fan of your fine example as well Pete. Took this at RS IV before we met.

wub.gif
Martin Baker
I have had a couple PMs about these recently. I have taken a lengthy break from all things automotive, which I enjoyed thoroughly. However, I can make these again, kits and complete restorations of the housings. I still have several complete originals to work with, if you need them.

MB
porschetub
Bought the base kit from Martin,top notch and fitted well
double-a
count me in for a pair of the inserts! thx
PASHN8
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Martin is still around? Or is anyone selling a kit they don't need?
914andy
I would be up for a couple of kits myself.
Guess we need to hear from Martin
thanks
Andy
mb911
I use to hear from Martin quite a bit.. I have not lately but I thought he told me he got a different job last we talked.
danimal16
I have a project going and am very interested in a set of Martin's Euro Front indicator housings. Is Martin Still doing these?

Thanks, I have found another solution.
Martin Baker
So I have not been on here in a few years...and I apologize if you sent me a PM and I did not respond. I have not read all of them yet. Trying to clean up my garage from some stuff I no longer need, so I am currently making the last 11 pairs of these I will ever make, to get rid of the last usable signal housings I have. I have a box of junk ones that I am going to toss. They will be $280.00 plus shipping per pair. I am sorry about the price, however the sockets almost doubled in price, as well as the bulbs. I have no control over this, and just bought what I needed to finish these 11 pairs. One of the 11 pairs is spoken for already. I will no longer do the conversions, or sell the kits I spoke of in this thread. Sorry.

Thanks.

MB
Martin Baker
So. looks like I had some fake PMs about buying signals, as the username is actually in the site scam thread, so whoever actually wanted to purchase, let me know, so I can plan for the actual numbers that are sold. One set has shipped, others ready to ship.

MB
racer914
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Nov 29 2022, 12:11 PM) *

So. looks like I had some fake PMs about buying signals, as the username is actually in the site scam thread, so whoever actually wanted to purchase, let me know, so I can plan for the actual numbers that are sold. One set has shipped, others ready to ship.

MB

PK Sent
beech4rd
PM sent. I'd like a pair

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.