Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help the Exhausted!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
Guys, what the hell--why can I not find a decent ready made header (read: HEADER-the parts of the pipe that bolt to the HEAD) for less than the cost of a friggin buick?????? I do not have a 911----it is a 914,,,what the hell? headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

I am definitley having a beer--on sunday--at,,, oh -wow!--its noon already, I am behind the curve...........

HELP
Mueller
a 914 is not a Honda...now repeat this 5 times daily until you start saying this is your sleep smile.gif

true headers for our /4s start in the mid-300 range and climb up from there.....(4X for the top of the line)

limited market=higher price

there are only 4 compaines that make a header for 914's, as far as I know, all of these guys are small shops that pretty much handbuild the headers
mack914
It's Saturday, not Sunday. Your clock is way off.
jwalters
ohmy.gif Hey your right, it is saturday---darn hollidays, always screw me up....well, better go have some more--- beer.gif

What are the four companies that do them ???? confused24.gif
Mueller
Kerry Hunter= cheapest
(ads somewhere in cyberspace)

Eurorace= a few bucks more, but better and easier to install than the above, I have these and I like 'em
(see vendor section)

Triad= looks just like the Eurorace to me, a few hundred bucks more (search here for info)

Tangerine or CFR Welding = top of the line, but most costly, these are for the "Serious" 914'er that wants to get the most out of their engine
(vendor section or look for a post by "Racer Chris"
jwalters
beerchug.gif many thanks kemosabe wavey.gif
Dominic
Brad posted this info in the 914 parts/resources forum. This is probably the best bet for your money. I think EBS racing also sells the same header: www.ebsracing.com

George Narbel
European Racing Headers
1010 N. Stephanie St.
Unit C-7
Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 433-9189

Please let him know you saw his ad on the 914 club web site.
Dominic
Here is a link to Tangerine Racing:

http://www.tangerineracing.com/Super_Heade...SYSTEM%20PRICES

These are the cream of the crop when it comes to 914 headers.

All you have to do is give up drugs and alchohol for a few weeks and you'll have these puppies paid for! beerchug.gif
Mueller
oh yea...remember the chant you are supposed to be saying daily??...this also applies to how much HP gain you'll get from switching to headers for a 914....

less than 10hp (half that depending on mods to engine) for the "cheap" headers

more than 10 for the top of the line when other mods (internal) are done to the engine....
Series9
I've seen the Kerry Hunter system on quite a few cars, and have a favorable impression of the quality and fit.

www.kerryhunterenterprise.com
jwalters
laugh.gif that is some good gouge! thanks fellas beer.gif
jwalters
beerchug.gif Also wanted to say--have a red label on me...cheers beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.