Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donor car picked up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Larry (Spare Time Toys) just picked up his new donor car, the 928 for his Project 9. It was tough getting it loaded but with a little ingenuity, it’s loaded, tied down and on its way to Texas. Here are a few pictures in case none of you know who he is.
skline
More to come
skline
lkh;k
skline
He brought his mom and dad with him to keep him company.
skline
Last one of Larry securing the back to keep water out of the broken rear window on the trip home.
jr91472
woohoo....bring it home Larry! smilie_pokal.gif
Brad Roberts
He needs a 2-3 inch drop hitch for the draw tight.

Why did you load it backwards ??

B
Aaron Cox
nice seeing him when he dropped by at the autocross... gave him a ride in my teener...
skline
The reason it was loaded backward is that is the way it was in the long narrow drive, No way to turn it around and he said he wanted to roll it straight into his garage face first anyway so it was perfect. The trailer sat high on his hitch anyway. The car is more or less balanced on the trailer.
Brad Roberts
I gotcha.

I'm always amazed at the people who load 914's on trailers backwards ??? The cars are damn near 50-50 stock.. they SIT on the trailer 50-50 depending on how high the trailer tongue is...LOL I place the jacking point directly in the center of my tandem axle trailers... the jacking point is the balance point.

B
skline
Mine is no longer the jack point for center however it is really close. For some reason, the front is now heavier and doesnt come up like it did before when I jack it up. You would think with the V8 in the back that it would. Any theory on that??
Brad Roberts
Hard to say. I would have to put it on some scales and figure out where the weight moved too.

B
spare time toys
We just got home at 4:30 Dallas time. We went 2957 miles from Fri at 5:30 AM to Sun:30 PM Met a bunch of great guys had a good time with Mom and Dad. What more could you ask for smile.gif Oh yea Scott found some more "Good Stuff" in the back seats smoke.gif Ill post my trip photos later tonight when I get a chance to down load them. Now I am going to sleep biggrin.gif
skline
Well, did I mention it was not my car?? When I found that stuff in the glove box I figured that was all there was. The guy is in Jail now. Who knows what else you will find in there. I am off to work again. Been working all day today to free up some weekday time to work on my car. So I am pushing the limits today. Hopefully I will get home before 9 tonight. I still need to put up the Christmas lights.
BIGKAT_83
Are you going to be selling parts from the 928? I'm looking for a interior and a few other things.

Bob smile.gif
Aaron Cox
glad ta hear he made it back
spare time toys
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 28 2004, 06:30 PM)
Well, did I mention it was not my car?? When I found that stuff in the glove box I figured that was all there was. The guy is in Jail now. Who knows what else you will find in there. I am off to work again. Been working all day today to free up some weekday time to work on my car. So I am pushing the limits today. Hopefully I will get home before 9 tonight. I still need to put up the Christmas lights.

You should see the kids going through the stuff in there rolleyes.gif One of the B/W spiders that made the trip was pissed about being in texas and bit me in the back. blink.gif that put an end to the scavenger hunt for the day.
Lou W
One of the B/W spiders that made the trip was pissed about being in texas and bit me in the back.  that put an end to the scavenger hunt for the day.
You might want to set one of those bug bombs in your garage tonight, there's probably more than one of those Black Widows, watch out for those Brown Recluses, they're real bad. ohmy.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Lou W @ Nov 28 2004, 08:12 PM)
watch out for those Brown Recluses, they're real bad.

agree.gif I've seen what those bad boys can do. It ain't pretty.
JB 914
Glad your trip was good and sorry i missed you.

I was busy taking my 71 apart again. I figure since i'm getting good at disassembly i've got to improve on the assembly side.
Pnambic
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 27 2004, 07:02 PM)

B

I think I remember reading somewhere that the 928 was actually more aerodynamic going backward than it was going forward.... wacko.gif

A 928 was my very first matchbox car. Always loved that car.... rolleyes.gif
Lou W
Pnambic Posted on Nov 28 2004, 06:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Nov 27 2004, 07:02 PM)

B  

I think I remember reading somewhere that the 928 was actually more aerodynamic going backward than it was going forward....  
Yea, just like a Pinto biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Scott, Nice assist on the 928. How's your car coming?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.