Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intro with pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
86Turbo
Hello all,I have been lurking around here for awhile so it's finally time to come out.I bought this 75 2.0 about 3 months ago. It's about 90% rust free with good longs,hell hole,and trunk floors.It ain't perfect but neither am I shades.gif I have been driving it daily since we brought it home and man what fun this has been.I love the looks while sitting in traffic,people are like WTF is that thing as many people have no clue as to what these cars are.I'll keep it short and let me know what you think,Thanks.....Ben p.s. a few pics are from when I bought it and the others are mine.
timothy_nd28
wow drooley.gif
welcome.png
Mikey914
Welcome the fun has just begun. Looks like you have another toy too. welcome.png
Socalandy
Nice welcome.png
1stworks
Love your orange wheel.

welcome.png
dlee6204
welcome.png I've seen that car in person when it was around Charlotte. Seems like a decent driver! Have fun!
walterolin
Hello 86Turbo,

Where are you hiding that thing? I was pleasantly surprised to see the Jefferson County plates in the first pic. There are a few others around here, not many.

I live near Seneca Park, I have a completely disassembled 1.7 1970, waiting for an opening at Cliffords to get painted.
walterolin
P.S.

Your garage is way too clean.
86Turbo
Thanks for the welcome guy's. I bought it out of NC and the person drove it to Knoxville where he met up with us and I drove it home here to Louisville,KY. It's been pretty reliable with a few little issues that I am still sorting out but all in all a fun project. The colors grow on you after a while but I may eventually paint it but, who knows I kind of enjoy being able to leave it in a parking lot and not worry too much. Anyone else close to me? I see one person so far and if so we should have a get together sometime,nothing formal but maybe some garage talk and some kind of dead animal to chew on.......Ben
chandler1969
Thats a great looking car. Very interesting color scheme. I'm down here in Georgetown Ky. I know there a few us around in Lexington, Georgetown and a few in Cincinnati. Welcome to the craziness
dcecc1968
Congratulations. I test drove that car before last year before I purchased mine. Nice Driver.
rick 918-S
welcome.png
Chris Pincetich
beerchug.gif
welcome.png
JawjaPorsche
Very nice color scheme! Good looking 914! beerchug.gif

welcome.png
worn
Great car, but can I have the building with the nice tile floor? So much space and so much to do!
86Turbo
I hear ya on the tile floor garage,but as always that belongs to the previous owner. Mine is the more congested one in the top pics,but hey at least I have a place to escape and tinker!!!!
Cairo94507
welcome.png Nice looking '75 with back-dated bumpers. The only way to go. Good luck and have fun.
Ian Stott
Looks like ya got yourself a pretty good teener, enjoy driving it and thanks for sharing. Drive up to Canada, first beer is on me!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
struckn
I like it it's different but not over done. Never saw that color before is it olive brown?
The cars are really a lot of fun. Top off is even more fun, but the other really neat thing is the free member ship in 914 World. More info then you'll ever need and you can really learn everything about our Porsche Teeners.

welcome.png
dfelz
I like the color combo! nice looking car! welcome.png
SchwarzHorse
Hay Ben burro.gif !

I'm south where America's best sportscars are assembled.
My car also has the lightest 914 4-lug German alloys on it like yours. Know John Hora or Chuck Hicks ?
Me Pops and I are going to Bluegrass PCA D.E. at Putnam IN in a few weeks - you going ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.