Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Mirror Disassembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
I have these side mirrors on my 1975.

Click to view attachment

These fold all the way against the car if needed. I don't think they are stock. But does anyone have a suggestion of how to properly disassemble them before I start prying things apart?

I can see. Screws behind the mirror but don't see anyway to remove the rubber part without resorting to brute force.
Elliot Cannon
Those are "flag" mirrors from a 911 or maybe a 944. I have them on my car and they come apart differently depending on year and model. On one model the glass comes off easily by simply prying it till it pops off. On another one you need to insert a small screw driver or something like it in a hole in the housing and turn a wheel by prying on the slots on the outside of the wheel and the glass comes off. Those are the ones I have had experience with. Be careful and you won't break the glass.
Mblizzard
There is a small hole on the bottom of the mirror but I could not locate a screw so I thought it was just a drain. I will look closer at it tonight. Thanks Elliot!
Mblizzard
After looking closely, I determined it was not a late model and it popped off with no problems. Thanks Elliot. I owe you once again. It is now sanded and has a fresh base coat of paint. Clear coat to follow shortly.
Mblizzard
First coat of clear. Not looking too bad. Yea not quite professional but passable for a mirror on a 10 foot car.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.