Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nolift914
I am the new owner of John Seidell's purple 914, I am looking to learn the car's history prior to my ownership. I understand prior to john it was owned by Tom Provasi and was TTOD at a past Porsche Parade. The car was built by Bob Fernandez. I would love to find more info on its history that the 914world may have including any old photos.

IPB Image
SirAndy
I know this car, seen it many time. I might be able to dig up some older photos ...
idea.gif
nolift914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 21 2013, 06:41 PM) *

I know this car, seen it many time. I might be able to dig up some older photos ...
idea.gif

Great piratenanner.gif
stownsen914
I recall Tom's car being an open-topped car? I think I remember seeing it in Panorama at least once after Tom took TTOD at the Parade auto-x ...
nolift914
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ May 22 2013, 08:46 AM) *

I recall Tom's car being an open-topped car? I think I remember seeing it in Panorama at least once after Tom took TTOD at the Parade auto-x ...

From what I understand this was the one he owned prior to the open top orange crate. confused24.gif
gms
PMed you Tom Provasi's email
gms
QUOTE(nolift914 @ May 22 2013, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(stownsen914 @ May 22 2013, 08:46 AM) *

From what I understand this was the one he owned prior to the open top orange crate. confused24.gif

Tom now owns The Orange Crate which will be restored to the way it was raced in the IMSA series in the '70s
nolift914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 22 2013, 06:26 PM) *

cheer.gif

Thanks for the Photos piratenanner.gif

QUOTE(gms @ May 22 2013, 06:34 PM) *

PMed you Tom Provasi's email

Thanks for the contact info piratenanner.gif
nolift914
QUOTE(scotty boy @ May 22 2013, 06:25 PM) *

Glad to see you're back in the game after Sandy. You should meet up with Paul and myself this summer beer.gif

Yes, still waiting for the 914 to be delivered, you guys should come out to a METRO NY PCA autocross. beerchug.gif There are a few other 914 guys who run.

Feels good to be back piratenanner.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 22 2013, 10:26 PM) *

cheer.gif

Car appears to have been built for surfing.
Randal
I'd email the LPR (Loma Prieta) Porsche Club. Nice people by the way. Someone there will probably have a autox history (picture) file.

It's been a long time since Tom quit running the purple car, but if anyone has a bunch of pictures it'll be someone at LPR. Or someone at LPR will remember who contributed photos for the news letter or internet. Remember digital photo's and internet postings haven't been around all that long.

Also Dave Leong at GGR has a great history file. Bet he would have some pictures.
http://www.dleong.org/

Surprised John didn't tell you about Dave.
nolift914
QUOTE(Randal @ May 23 2013, 12:04 PM) *

I'd email the LPR (Loma Prieta) Porsche Club. Nice people by the way. Someone there will probably have a autox history (picture) file.

It's been a long time since Tom quit running the purple car, but if anyone has a bunch of pictures it'll be someone at LPR. Or someone at LPR will remember who contributed photos for the news letter or internet. Remember digital photo's and internet postings haven't been around all that long.

Also Dave Leong at GGR has a great history file. Bet he would have some pictures.

Great, thanks for the info and the contacts, Just trying to fill my time while I wait for delivery of the car and finally get to drive it. driving.gif
The anticipation is killing me
Randal
QUOTE(nolift914 @ May 24 2013, 06:19 AM) *

Great, thanks for the info and the contacts, Just trying to fill my time while I wait for delivery of the car and finally get to drive it. driving.gif

You'll like the car, especially if you spend some time on the track.

One thing you might want to do, at some point, is to corner balance the car, then set up a staggered tire setup so that tire width is balanced to the weight. Did this and and it made a huge difference in handling, so good really that I am still trying to get in front of the car.
nolift914
QUOTE(Randal @ May 24 2013, 11:15 AM) *

QUOTE(nolift914 @ May 24 2013, 06:19 AM) *

You'll like the car, especially if you spend some time on the track.

One thing you might want to do, at some point, is to corner balance the car, then set up a staggered tire setup so that tire width is balanced to the weight. Did this and and it made a huge difference in handling, so good really that I am still trying to get in front of the car.

Thanks for the tip, I plan on checking the alignment and corner balancing so I have a baseline to start with. its been 15 years since I have run a modified 914. I have been running a P3 944 since 97.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Borderline
Here's some I found on my computer
koozy
I shot this at Rennsport Laguna Seca.

IPB Image
koozy
It is in here too

IPB Image
Randal
QUOTE(Borderline @ May 24 2013, 03:35 PM) *

Looks like a private autox run to me. No course, no people, only Mike and John. Must have been fun!

BTW that was my favorite place for designing courses. HUGE!
nolift914
QUOTE(Borderline @ May 24 2013, 02:35 PM) *

Thanks
nolift914
QUOTE(koozy @ May 24 2013, 03:03 PM) *

I shot this at Rennsport Laguna Seca.

IPB Image

Thanks for the pics piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.