Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving cars to Grants Pass & Return to Flagstaff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shoguneagle
Sometime during July and into August, I will be transferring my cars to Grants Pass, OR. On the return trip the trailer will be empty If someone needs parts, etc to be transferred south via California then let me know. The trips will be two going both ways: Cars up and empty back. I can travel the I-5 corridor as well as go off this route. Payment: A cup of coffee.

Something to think about and a possible service to our "left coast" members.

Steve Hurt beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif blink.gif blink.gif
relentless
Are you moving to Grants Pass or just the cars? smile.gif If you are moving there I'd like to get in touch with you some time to talk 914's, as I live in the area.

Nice of you to offer your trailer hauling service to members.
JRust
Oh man if only this was happening now. I've got a guy in LA who wants my roller project with the spare car. Trying to get 2 cars there makes it cost prohibitive. I'll watch the thread just in case. If nothing happens before then maybe he will still want them
shoguneagle
Yes, we are moving to Grants Pass once our house clears escrow and appraisal; scheduled to close 6/24.

Relentless, always ready to drink coffee and discuss 914s, Alfa Romeos, Lotus, Corvettes, etc. Even the high price cars. Love sports cars and the restoring of them.

JRust, you are going to have to contend with the possibilities; my schedule is pretty much set; once we find a house, we will be moving the cars to Oregon along with ourselves. May have a problem since I do not like LA traffic and drivers; still have an open mind to make any arrangements possible. Keep my email/thread handy and I will followup.

JRust, the central console you sold me is returning to Oregon and can be found in my car. Very satisfied with it, thanks.

Just let me know if we can make this happen during my time frames.

Steve Hurt
pneuhyde
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ May 22 2013, 10:38 AM) *

Sometime during July and into August, I will be transferring my cars to Grants Pass, OR. On the return trip the trailer will be empty If someone needs parts, etc to be transferred south via California then let me know. The trips will be two going both ways: Cars up and empty back. I can travel the I-5 corridor as well as go off this route. Payment: A cup of coffee.

Something to think about and a possible service to our "left coast" members.

Steve Hurt beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Do you have room for one more car going up the coast ? A long shot, I know but just asking.

Steve
JRust
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ May 22 2013, 11:04 PM) *

JRust, you are going to have to contend with the possibilities; my schedule is pretty much set; once we find a house, we will be moving the cars to Oregon along with ourselves. May have a problem since I do not like LA traffic and drivers; still have an open mind to make any arrangements possible. Keep my email/thread handy and I will followup.

JRust, the central console you sold me is returning to Oregon and can be found in my car. Very satisfied with it, thanks.

Steve Hurt

I'll let you know Steve. If I still have them & he still wants them. We would certainly work with your schedule. Plus kick you some cash for your trouble. Still out there a bit but I'll check in with John
Randal
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ May 22 2013, 11:04 PM) *

Yes, we are moving to Grants Pass once our house clears escrow and appraisal; scheduled to close 6/24.

Relentless, always ready to drink coffee and discuss 914s, Alfa Romeos, Lotus, Corvettes, etc. Even the high price cars. Love sports cars and the restoring of them.

Steve Hurt

You should join the Medford Sports Car Club Steve. Lots of fast cars and a wonderful track. I run the Spring and Fall Enduros there every year. Your going to be living close to Randy Grubb, aka automotive artist and MSCC racer.
shoguneagle
I am looking forward to some involvement in sports cars; Medford Sports Car Club does sound promising.

JR, if we have a chance of making it happen for you, we will make it happen.

I am recovering from my second bypass operation and did have a few problems. Everything is ok now but I doubt I will race. I would be interested in providing support to sports car and related other car activities. I really enjoy involvement with these people.

May have room for passenger (1) on either trip but only time will tell us.

We are looking forward to Southwest Oregon. It does remind me of growing up in Northern California. I really like the rivers, forest, activities, etc that happen around there and in Oregon. Am looking forward to the rain and green colors after living the past eight years at 7,000 ft (Flagstaff, AZ aka Arizona High Country). No more snow, ice, snow plowing, etc. once we move. Can definitely handle the rain.

Steve
pneuhyde
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ May 23 2013, 04:49 PM) *

I am looking forward to some involvement in sports cars; Medford Sports Car Club does sound promising.

JR, if we have a chance of making it happen for you, we will make it happen.

I am recovering from my second bypass operation and did have a few problems. Everything is ok now but I doubt I will race. I would be interested in providing support to sports car and related other car activities. I really enjoy involvement with these people.

May have room for passenger (1) on either trip but only time will tell us.

We are looking forward to Southwest Oregon. It does remind me of growing up in Northern California. I really like the rivers, forest, activities, etc that happen around there and in Oregon. Am looking forward to the rain and green colors after living the past eight years at 7,000 ft (Flagstaff, AZ aka Arizona High Country). No more snow, ice, snow plowing, etc. once we move. Can definitely handle the rain.

Steve

"Growing up in Northern Ca."?
I grew up in Eureka and still have family there, were you close by?
Steve H.
shoguneagle
Northern California: born in Willits, CA and lived in Covelo, CA for the first ten years (Mendicino County); graduated Kelseyville in Lake County. Still have relatives in those areas; spent four years college and seven years active duty in the Military; lived 40 odd years in Santa Clara; moved to Flagstaff 8 years ago for retirement; now moving to Grants Pass, OR for less altitude and more milder winters.

That is the story in a nutshell.

Hobbies include cars, airplanes, and other items.

My mother went to the old State Teachers College prior to it becoming Humbolt State. May have relatives there I do not know.

I will be visiting Eureka and Arcada often. Grants Pass would be down 199 to Crescent City and south on 101 to Eureka. Very nice country and offers good roads. Still have to complete US-101 north to Canada.

I know most of the roads in Northern California from Bakersfield and am looking forward to the "new back country roads" of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. Looking forward to Oregon living and traveling throughout the Pacific Northwest.

Steve Hurt
Congrats with your move. The only thing I have to say about Grants Pass was ...In 2010 I drove up to Whistler Canada from LA to volunteer for the 2010 Olympics.. I stopped of in Grants Pass to get gas. The attendant was slow to come out , so I pulled the pump handle to start the gas. Station attendant mentioned- you're not from here are you?.... your doing 'my' job- please stop sad.gif I explain that in Cali we pump our own gas - self serve or full serve. He reminded me, your in Oregon now! smile.gif .... I mentioned - ok when in Rome do as the Romans do.
Randal
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ May 23 2013, 08:47 PM) *

Northern California: born in Willits, CA and lived in Covelo, CA for the first ten years (Mendicino County); graduated Kelseyville in Lake County. Still have relatives in those areas; spent four years college and seven years active duty in the Military; lived 40 odd years in Santa Clara; moved to Flagstaff 8 years ago for retirement; now moving to Grants Pass, OR for less altitude and more milder winters.

That is the story in a nutshell.

Hobbies include cars, airplanes, and other items.

My mother went to the old State Teachers College prior to it becoming Humbolt State. May have relatives there I do not know.

I will be visiting Eureka and Arcada often. Grants Pass would be down 199 to Crescent City and south on 101 to Eureka. Very nice country and offers good roads. Still have to complete US-101 north to Canada.

I know most of the roads in Northern California from Bakersfield and am looking forward to the "new back country roads" of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. Looking forward to Oregon living and traveling throughout the Pacific Northwest.

Steve Hurt

Kelseyville, CA - Wow

Used to go up there to work in the fruit sheds every summer.

Did you know Elaine Barnes? I think she went to Kelseyville High back in the 60's. Nice lady.

If your going to be in Southern Oregon June 8th, come on up to Cascade Lakes and watch the hill climb. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.