Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any one every use this stuff?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnpierre
hey everyone,

i recently purchase this product from eastwood on a members recommendation. i must be missing something because it just does not seem to be working. has any one used this stuff.

did i buy the wrong compound? here is what i want to accomplish. i would like to strip the black paint that is on my wheels (rivieras) and prep them for new paint.

i am sure when i spoke to the operator at eastwood that i told them i wanted to remove the paint from the wheels and this is what they recommended. any thoughts?
confused24.gif
worn
QUOTE(johnpierre @ May 22 2013, 09:56 AM) *

hey everyone,

i recently purchase this product from eastwood on a members recommendation. i must be missing something because it just does not seem to be working. has any one used this stuff.

did i buy the wrong compound? here is what i want to accomplish. i would like to strip the black paint that is on my wheels (rivieras) and prep them for new paint.

i am sure when i spoke to the operator at eastwood that i told them i wanted to remove the paint from the wheels and this is what they recommended. any thoughts?
confused24.gif

Yes, this is one way to do it. It is basically an extension of buffing compound with waxy grit. It may be helpful in getting into areas but it will certainly eat the alloy too. Be cautious and watch what is happening. Wouldn't have been my first choice.
johnpierre
QUOTE(worn @ May 22 2013, 11:01 AM) *

QUOTE(johnpierre @ May 22 2013, 09:56 AM) *

hey everyone,

confused24.gif

Yes, this is one way to do it. It is basically an extension of buffing compound with waxy grit. It may be helpful in getting into areas but it will certainly eat the alloy too. Be cautious and watch what is happening. Wouldn't have been my first choice.

im not committed to this product how would you approach it?
SLITS
Tape off all areas not painted and use a media blaster (glass bead does not remove metal).
preach
glass bead blast or maybe walnut shells.
VaccaRabite
agree.gif
Spend a little money and have them bead blasted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.