Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 914 For Sale ON EBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
toolguy
Belongs to a neighbor and friend of mine. . it's a Germany delivered car, was driven over there after purchase and shipped here. . . he's the 2nd owner and had the car since 79. . very nice everywhere, no rust, hell hole looks perfect.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/914-/190843...forcev4exp=true
JamesM
Looks like the rear bumper was replaced with one from a 74. Also that rear trunk pic leaves out the very bottom of the reat trunk where any damage would normally show. Whats up there?
jela5958
QUOTE(toolguy @ May 23 2013, 09:00 AM) *

Belongs to a neighbor and friend of mine. . it's a Germany delivered car, was driven over there after purchase and shipped here. . . he's the 2nd owner and had the car since 79. . very nice everywhere, no rust, hell hole looks perfect.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/914-/190843...forcev4exp=true

Say toolguy,
Perhaps you can ask your neighbor to respond to my request through eBay to inspect the car. Your friend's yet to reply after being emailed early this morning, asking if I could see the car sometime Saturday afternoon. I mean, after talking to an eBay rep., if I win the auction I can walk away should the car turn out to not be as advertised. But I'd prefer to see the vehicle to know what to bid ... or whether to bid at all. idea.gif

Thanks,
Joe
jela5958
Seller did get back to me, a nice elderly gentlemen ... sounds like the No. 2 synchro is bad. From the sounds of it, the No. 1 cylinder may also need some work to get the compression back. The paint blem described in the eBay ad may have to do with a quarter panel repair. As shown in the attached photo, the blem doesn't appear to be from rust but not sure what's caused it. And though minor, the owner's also missing the windshield washer spare tire line.

At the current bid of $10,850, it's in the low Condition 2 price range according to Hagerty's. A good deal ... if its needs were already addressed.
sean_v8_914
is that Bob's car? very clean ride. its about as rust free as I have ever seen
jela5958
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ May 26 2013, 02:17 AM) *

is that Bob's car? very clean ride. its about as rust free as I have ever seen

Yup. And no doubt it's pretty rust free ... didn't pursue a photo of the dent, that sounds like it's in the driver side quarter wheel well edge. Don't remember if 914 quarters are like Boxster quarters, if so the dent's going to need body work or a new quarter to address it and the paint blem.

So no rust, just a bad synchro, cylinder & quarter panel ... depending on shop rates around $3,000, perhaps more or less, if you're not a DIYer.
toolguy
Sold for $12,800. . the auction had over 1500 hits and about 160 people were watching it at the end. . had a bidder from Germany towards the end. . . haven't heard from the winning buyer yet but it looks like it stayed in the US. .
jela5958
Wish my 914 budget were enough to cover the $12,850 winning bid, DMV fees and $3 - 5K to correct all the known and any unknown issues. Since from the looks of it, Bob's car has the makings of a Condition 1 first.gif car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.