Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: woooooo--hooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
Ddddaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn....

Took the car out for the first time in a year.....what a rush...

I just went around the block as I still have tuning to do, etc...

I dropped the motor on Thursday, repaired the oil leaks, galley plugs and oil pump cover, stuck it back in yesterday and finished up the drive train today....

It is amazing how many sparks you can get without a ground hooked up....I had the drive shafts wired up out of the way, hooked up the battery and turned the key...nothing but sparks!!!

I guess the wire was the ground path, it sure sent the plastic bags I had wrapped around the cv joints go up in flames!!

So I got the rest hooked up and cleaned up...fired it up and went for a ride....

wow, I forgot what a rush these cars are...
Thanks to Charles and Jake and the list...I am back on the ground...

Even with more Megasquirt tuning needed, this motor rocks!
from a rolling start, when I mash the gas, it just lights up the tires!, now to get it to do it in all 5 gears....

now this is what I was looking for... a torque monster...with a redline north of 6500...
now to get it dialed in, then get to a rolling dyno. all I can say is WOW!!!!.... aktion035.gif

Thanks again for all who pitched in and sent parts and advice...herb
Rhodes71/914
Right on!!! smilie_pokal.gif
crash914
man what a rush! smilie_pokal.gif

it felt great sliding around all the street corners...I am sure that all the neighbors in the area are glad I got it running again!!! :finger2:
URY914
Dude, we need pictures... biggrin.gif

Share the joy.

Paul
rick 918-S
Dude..... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif happy11.gif driving.gif
cnavarro
Awesome Herb! I'm sure you'll have the megasquirt down soon. Are you tuning with an LM1?

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
crash914
Tuning is done with a wb02...I have a remote display for the dash...

this car looks small in the garage on its own wheels off the jack stands...

I will post pictures...I just want to wait until the rats nest is cleaned up and I at least wipe off the 1 years worth of dirt.... laugh.gif

then its just driving.gif until the snow falls... sad.gif
crash914
Now for the major bummer......I still have my oil leak....at this time I can't tell if its the rear main or a plug...

The other thing is I re-used my pressure relief springs and piston....Someone changed these out for a high pressure option.

I am running a 30mm type 1 oil pump and am generating somewhere around 100psi with straight 30 wt. oil....I am not looking forward to pulling this motor again....I just did it twice over the weekend...but winter is almost here....so the impact is not too bad...just on my back in the cold garage...

I think that I will drive it around the block a couple of times anyway..at least I can find my way home!

The problem with the temperature sensor was mine..I had connected the cht to the wrong terminal...it now works..thanks Dave..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.