Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Recaro Sport Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
half fast
I have a pair of Recaro seats from the 80s. I love these seats and I don't particularly want to part with them. But, I've discovered that they were significantly more valuable than I thought and, at the end of the day, this car is essentially my daily driver and it would still do just fine with stock seats. Besides, I have other projects that need funding.

So, here they are. I'm sorry that the pictures aren't the greatest. I'm clearly no photographer and, as I said, these seats are currently installed in my car which doesn't allow for the best camera angles.

As for the seats themselves. I would rate them a solid 9/10. I've looked over the bolsters and I can't find any obvious defects with them or with the seating surfaces. These seats have been installed in a car almost continuously since they were bought though they have never needed to be recovered. The only thing that has been done to them is the cloth underneath the cushion that keeps you from sitting on the floor was replaced with metal straps because, well, I had metal straps and I didn't have the appropriate cloth/fabric. I can assure you that, sitting in the seats, you will never know the difference.

Edit: Forgot to post a price. Let's go for $4750. OBO of course.
half fast
picture
half fast
picture
half fast
picture
half fast
picture
half fast
picture
OU8AVW
QUOTE(half fast @ May 24 2013, 04:52 PM) *

picture

"Attached thumbnail" clever.
Cool seats!
Free icon_bump.gif
Jaymann
confused24.gif wow
Jaymann
confused24.gif wow
half fast
I mean, I've seen some that needed work go for $2000 a seat. If anybody is interested feel free to shoot an offer. I just figured they might be worth much more to someone else than they are to me, that's all.
Steve
Maybe the 911 crowd has more money. Try also posting in the 911 classifieds on Pelican. Nice seats, but I had issues saving enough money to buy the GTS seats at $800 a piece.
half fast
Point taken. I had actually thought about it (they're on the 914 board over there) but I'll admit that I'd rather sell them to another 914 owner, all other things being equal. Does anybody know if the seat rails for the 911 different? They're mounted on 914 rails obviously. I'm not 100% sure about fitment in a 911.
JmuRiz
Cool, never seen those before.
Do they have a 914-style headrest? Maybe set them in the forward position and take a picture as well as one from the door-side, might help with a sale.
wes
Not sure but I'm thinking 911 seats are wider!
carr914
The Factory Recaros I had in my GT had a Special Mounting Brackets
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.