Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun day at the track
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ww914
I had a lot of fun keeping those dam sixes off my ass. The suckers would pass me on the straights, but I would catch them in the tight turns. What a blast!

Click to view attachment
Randal
QUOTE(ww914 @ May 25 2013, 08:31 AM) *

I had a lot of fun keeping those dam sixes off my ass. The suckers would pass me on the straights, but I would catch them in the tight turns. What a blast!

Click to view attachment

Great track, but take a portable air conditioner if you go in the Summer!
ww914
[/quote]

[/quote]

The weather wasn't too bad, about 83 with a slight breeze. It was only hot when sitting on the grid.
Randal
[quote name='ww914' date='May 25 2013, 11:34 AM' post='1869570']
[/quote]

[/quote]

The weather wasn't too bad, about 83 with a slight breeze. It was only hot when sitting on the grid.
[/quote]

Nice picture as well with you in front of all those 911's.
Congrats,
It is a fun track. How did you do going through Magic Mt into the Mazda loop?
ww914
QUOTE(396 @ May 25 2013, 01:52 PM) *

Congrats,
It is a fun track. How did you do going through Magic Mt into the Mazda loop?

I suppose you are referring to Phil Hill and Star Mazda? This was my second time on the track, so I did much better than the first time, two years ago. Phil Hill, for those of you not familiar, is up a hill on a tight right-hand blind turn until you get to the top. Those who have not been on the track before go pretty slow there as it is blind until you get to the top. If you have taken the apex correctly, you should be set up for a sweeping left then a short straight.

Braking is key here as at the end there is a tight, about 160 degree turn to the right and then esses.

I did get into 5th on the straight as I was approaching redline in 4th, but not for long. Fourth through the esses, and into 5th again before turning onto the finish line straight. Again, not long in 5th, did so only because my shift light told me to shift. Real hard braking before going onto the finish line straight. Many of the new guys went into the dirt there. I guess they thought they could get around that corner faster than they thought. Well, that is why it is called drivers ed. biggrin.gif
Congrats on being able to run in 4th and 5th.
That means your carrying a lot more speed through the bus stop into Phil / Magic ( I run with NASA..they call it Magic).
NASA will be there again June 1/2..in a week
Oh if this was a few weeks ago, you must have been with the POC gang
ww914
QUOTE(396 @ May 25 2013, 03:03 PM) *

Congrats on being able to run in 4th and 5th.
That means your carrying a lot more speed through the bus stop into Phil / Magic ( I run with NASA..they call it Magic).
NASA will be there again June 1/2..in a week
Oh if this was a few weeks ago, you must have been with the POC gang

Nope, yesterday was the CCCR day at Buttonwillow, however, there were a lot of folks there for an event today who used yesterday as warmup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.