Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arrgggg
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Finally got one of my front flares on....
Ran out of gas for the mig welder, no chance to get any till Tuesday...

I still have oxy, and tig...and a gas less mig, so I will attempt tig tomorrow on the flare, see how bad I can mess it up.

I will at least tack the other two in place this weekend, I really need to get this car back alive again, I miss it.

Sucks, I just got a groove going and had some nice small welds goin, which is not my normal weld....so I was having fun looking forward to a lot less grinding.

Oh we'll.

Rich
mskala
I have probably 3/4 of a 20cu-ft if you need some on short
notice.

QUOTE(r_towle @ May 25 2013, 08:54 PM) *

I still have oxy, and tig...and a gas less mig, so I will attempt tig tomorrow on the flare, see how bad I can mess it up.

I will at least tack the other two in place this weekend, I really need to get this car back alive again, I miss it.

Sucks, I just got a groove going and had some nice small welds goin, which is not my normal weld....so I was having fun looking forward to a lot less grinding.

Oh we'll.

Rich

Cap'n Krusty
Wouldn't that have been "Arrggggoooonnnne"?

The Cap'n
phatnine11
If you ran out of gas, what are you going to use with the Tig?
stugray
If you ran out of gas, what are you going to use with the Tig?

agree.gif confused24.gif
r_towle
I have tig, but it's a different blend.

I tried to do sheet metal with it once, but got frustrated and gave up.
Guess its time to push through the problem and get it done.

Rich
r_towle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 25 2013, 09:31 PM) *

Wouldn't that have been "Arrggggoooonnnne"?

The Cap'n

Cap,n pun...
A lot more humor now that you are retired.....kinda nice
rick 918-S
Tig = fun welder.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 26 2013, 01:35 AM) *

Tig = fun welder.gif

Or a lot of blown out metal...

Or a lot of grinding....
worn
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 25 2013, 04:54 PM) *

Oh we'll.

Rich

Yeah, we ran out yesterday adding seat hinges to a new floor pan. I was trying to learn tig. Weekend. Strange fact is there is a lot of argon in the air. I think it comes in after co2 at about one percent, which doesn't help you one dxmn bit when the shop is closed.
r_towle
Still love the little craftsman gassless welder.
The value of being able to weld with no gas, and I can pick up wire 7 days per week still makes it a great tool.

I tacked everything for now...I will go out and clean up the mess and tig the rest of each flare.

I am phsyched...this car has sat for two years, with me having a few hospital stays, no time, no energy...
It all lined up this rainy weekend...
Cant do outside chores in the rain smile.gif
r_towle
Passengerside
r_towle
obligatory fussy pic in honor of our fearless admin host.

worn
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 26 2013, 01:22 PM) *

Still love the little craftsman gassless welder.
The value of being able to weld with no gas, and I can pick up wire 7 days per week still makes it a great tool.

I tacked everything for now...I will go out and clean up the mess and tig the rest of each flare.

I am phsyched...this car has sat for two years, with me having a few hospital stays, no time, no energy...
It all lined up this rainy weekend...
Cant do outside chores in the rain smile.gif

My four cylinder debacle is channeling energy into the six conversion. But before the engine goes in, the rust has to go out. Thanks resto design. Got the seat reinforcements on the floor and ran out of mig wire just at the last tack for the battery tray onto the patched inner fender. I have an extra spool. welder.gif
rick 918-S
Did you install the right front flare on the left and the left front flare on the right or is it just the camera angle? shades.gif
McMark
Did you install the right front flare on the left and the left front flare on the right or is it just the camera angle?
Apparently this is going to be a new running joke. av-943.gif
saigon71
Lookin good Rich! beerchug.gif

What happened to your jack post?

Porsche930dude
when you say argon do you mean CO2 Argon mix or do you run straight argon? We have been using straight Co2 because its alot cheaper and can fill it most anywhere. Just have to get it swapped out at the gas place before the tank expires.
r_towle
I will get some gas tomorrow.

Did some structural welding on the rivers side long today, so tha gas less welder was fine.

Rick,
It's not possible, I tried.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ May 27 2013, 02:01 PM) *

Did you install the right front flare on the left and the left front flare on the right or is it just the camera angle?
Apparently this is going to be a new running joke. av-943.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Ya, I was wondering if you would catch it.

Rich, see Cone Dodgers (Rob's) build thread.
r_towle
KMA.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.