Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COM?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mtn flyr
What happened to the COM? Did I miss something? unsure.gif
carr914
I announced during the last Contest, it was going to be my last time doing it and asked for someone to step up. I never heard from anyone!
shawn914
I was just in touch this AM with carr914, and have agreed to run the COM contest.
Love the COM - looking forward to keeping it alive.
Stay tuned for a June 10th kick off.

Shawn
JoeSharp
So Mr. Davis is not going to be able to do the Car Of The Month any more. I can relate and I do understand as he probably would like to dedicate his time to his car. I did this very same thing when I retired as I needed to finish my race car.
I would be glad to take this over for you TC. Maybe we can have an admin chime in here and tell me what is needed to get this going again.

Edited for Shawn. Take the ball and run with it.
MDG
QUOTE(shawn914 @ May 26 2013, 08:13 AM) *

I was just in touch this AM with carr914, and have agreed to run the COM contest.
Love the COM - looking forward to keeping it alive.
Stay tuned for a June 10th kick off.

Shawn

Cool. Very good of you to pick this up.

Maybe before we do the next one . . . . the current winner Eric_Shea might finally get his car posted on the home page poke.gif
carr914
Shawn has Volunteered and I told him I would help him get it going.

I had a good run, but we need some new blood every now & then

T.C.
mtn flyr
Thanks Shawn! smilie_pokal.gif
KELTY360
As a general observation, in my opinion the COM has come to emphasize the personality of the owner over the merits of the car. I think when the contest began, the owners were not identified in the nomination listing which resulted in some cars winning that were not owned by prominent members. I'd like to see the owner's personality de-emphasized, even though in some cases that won't be practical. I'd suggest returning to the format that initially identified the cars as #1, #2, #3, #4, #5; with ownership left out of the initial nomination listing.
carr914
^ That is one of the reasons I didn't want to run the COTM anymore ^. Everybody had a better idea on what the Contest should be instead of just Voting. A typical Contest only got about 200 Votes Total! Of course, none of those Bright people that wanted the Contest to be run different, ever wanted to run the Contest.

Quite frankly, I don't think I ever saw a car that Won that wasn't worthy!
SirAndy
Finally got around to update the homepage:

http://www.914world.com/

slap.gif
NORD

I don't see the Unicorn?
Scott S
Here you go - photoshop at will! HA! lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment
blink.gif

I really like this one... this may be me next Halloween.... idea.gif

Click to view attachment

Erics car looks awesome on the main page. smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 28 2013, 11:33 PM) *

Finally got around to update the homepage:

http://www.914world.com/

slap.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif ACOM 212.gif
shawn914
OK 914 World. This is my first crack at trying to do something for this great site. I've always enjoyed the COM contest - great 914s, competition, inspiration and debate/commentary as votes accumulate.

For interest, I went through the previous winners from Jan 2008 through to 2013. Some results:
1. 42% 4 cylinder, 58% 6 cylinder
2. approximately 6.3% were 1.7L (same for 1.8L, 2.5L and 2.7L), 37% 2L and 22% >/=3L
2. 63% no flares, 37% flares
3. Number of posts by winners ranged from 18 to 17047.
4. at least 11% of COM winners were female
5. 36% were MY 1973
6. 4% were red, 4% were blue and 28% were orange

OK - enough data.

I will get COM started in the next few days....so there will be "July/August 2013 COM Winner".

Shawn

PS: there was some missing data, % for engine size and # cylinders...some possible error in these results.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.