Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which headers best for 6 conversion ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PancakePorsche
Rolling along with my 6 conversion project and have concerns about headers that will work.

My onboard 911 cooler was modified by Richard Clewett and has a 90deg. -16 AN welded on nicely. The headers I already have are for factory 6 car, but interfere with that angle fitting.

My question is to others that have done conversion which headers provide ample clearance in the oil cooler pipe area. After talking with manufacturers, non will guarantee they will work and I dont want to spend $600-800 for ones which will still interfere. Would appreciate any feedback.
moparrob
Talk to Marty at MSDS. He made me a set of ceramic coated beauties that should fit the bill. I believe his user name is Maltese Falcon.

Oh, and ask him about his bad ass 6 conversion...
carr914
What size motor do you have? Sell that Cooler, put one up front & buy any headers you want.
GeorgeRud
When I did my conversion, I used the same cooler set-up that you have (welded on 90 degree AN-12 fitting). I purchased some headers from John Williamson at Otto's, and they fit without any problems. When I later switched to factory heat exchangers, they also fit without problems.

Though he is gone (RIP), some of his folks may know whose he was selling back in the day.
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachment
Pancake , Special deals for 914 World members at MSDS in June...
get 10% off of your exhaust headers, and 25% off of your metallic ceramic coating. NO sales tax either if shipped out of Cali.
Should come in way below your target price.
If Richard welded your 90 degree fitting , I'm sure it's OK !
The MSDS headers will fit, there are NO primary tubes that reach as high as your engine cooler oil line.
If you need a set, call us at 818.507.6937
Marty
PancakePorsche
Sounds great Marty, will call you tomarrow. BTW, your black GT showcased on your site is off the chain ! Gotta see that hopefully in person.
Maltese Falcon
So how did your install go with that new set of MSDS "special black-ops" long tube headers?
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.