Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT! Anybody looking for a Hummer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Qarl
Hummer has an incredible deal on 2005 Hummer H2s right now until the end of the month.

$599 lease (+tax) for 36 months, 36,000 miles, through GMAC. $1275 due at signing.

Applies to Hummer H2, with Luxury package.

I ran the numbers and this is what it basically comes down to...

Sticker is$56,900...

Car comes down to about $2.5K less than invoice after rebates (about $49K)

60% residual value (which is really phenomenal)

Money factor equivalent to 3.9%

With the money you save, you can spend on GAS!!!!
mattillac
why the hell would you want a gmc yukon with a hummer body on it. all the crappyness of a new chevy with the high pricetag of a hummer with none of the cool off road features of the original. ar15.gif H2
Qarl
We have a Suburban now and love it... same as the Yukon. We have had Zero problems since new and it hauls a shitload of stuff around, including a 20' fishing boat.

You wanna spend $65K on an Escalade that is just a rebadged overpriced Suburban?

Or better yet, $115K on the H1 that you can't park anywhere? Yes the H1 is an incredible vehicle, but not at $115K.

The H2 can do A LOT more than a Yukon or Suburban can. It is especially good at chugging gas. They don't even post the MPG on the window sticker. It's rated as a Class 3 vehicle. My neighbor's gets about 12 mpg on the highway. Our Suburban gets about 15.

I looked at the new Jeep Cherokee yesterday at the Central Florida Auto Show and laughed. It is couple inches shorter than the older Cherokees. I walked right by it looking for it in the Jeep area. I thought it was some sort of transitional SUV.
Aaron Cox
my uncle has a surplus h1 humvee... 30k out the door... 50 caliber not included
rick 918-S
Hey Qarl,

Take the Titan for a ride! Infact tell the dealer You need to run an errand. happy11.gif Hook up your boat and tow it around for a while. But be sure it's secured well or the torque of the Mighty Titan will whip that trailer out from under that boat like a table cloth from under the dishes in a magic trick!

Come to think of it, the Titan motor (305 HP) would make one hot 914 conversion! idea.gif
URY914
There's a guy on my block with a H2.

His wife calls it his "penis-truck". biggrin.gif

Paul
Qarl
Your neighbor's penis must be big then! laugh.gif

My wife drives our SUV. I just borrow it for towing the boat!
airsix
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 27 2004, 07:12 PM)
Hey Qarl,

Take the Titan for a ride! Infact tell the dealer You need to run an errand. happy11.gif Hook up your boat and tow it around for a while.

I agree with Rick. I drove a friend's Titan crew cab and was very impressed. Doors are HUGE. Fit and finish are top notch for a truck. Everything feels very high quality, and stout. Serious bottom-end grunt + 4-cam top-end screamage. The traction-control is amazing (played with it in sand - it works better than you think possible). Handles and rides nicer than my wife's Honda. Lots of neat features. Ugly, but hey, we're talking about H2's so, what's ugly in this context anyway? confused24.gif

-Ben M.
cha914
I guess an H1 may cost 115 new, but just look on autotrader, they can be had for 60K or less all day long for low milage ones...

Sorry, but I agree with the others, 56K for a yukon with a shitty body kit is a joke, for that kinda money I am buying a King ranch edition F350 that can pull your house down and get 15-18mpg while doing it...not to mention the sweet king ranch leather couches that you are sitting on...

The H2 is the biggest poser vehical to come out, and I think will be only passed by the H3 that I hear is coming out and will be based on the blazer platform...woohoo...

I can't wait till the H3 and the X3 drive-with-cell-phone-while-watching-the-in-dash-dvd-and-weave-in-and-out-of-traffic contests begin on I-35...

Ahhh...time for my 5th drunk.gif

Tony
Qarl
Hmm... The Kingranch is a pickup truck... with larger cab.... not an SUV'

It has kick-ass leather seats though... I sat in one at the auto show.

I didn't care much for the stoopid-ass six-inch "King Ranch" plaque on the side of the vehicle.
Qarl
I was really impressed with the Sequoia from Toyota. It's based on the Tundra platform I believe.
hargray2
I WANT a double cab Tundra! boldblue.gif
cha914
Yeah...the king ranch does have a bed...but I believe that both the yukon and surburban share the chevy truck frame, so they are all "trucks"... but I get what you are saying...personally I would have no use for a vehicle that big that didn't have a bed also, and I would bet that the crew cab pickup holds almost as many as the H2...

Regardless, I agree, the big ass badge on the side was a little much...

Tony
Qarl
Well.... all I can say is that my wife deserves it!

It's her vehicle and she uses it to be SuperMom. We don't go offroad, and I only tow a small boat short distances. Basically it's a large SUV for the wifey.
boxstr
Karl I figured that with a Lotus in one garage you might want another limey rig in the other garage, ALA Range Rover.
CCLINACROSSTHEPONDVEHICLES
Qarl
We looked at the Range Rovers... the one we liked was the $$$$$$ one.

The other's we didn't care for. We know a few people that have had tremendous issues with theirs (especially the brakes).

Regards,

Qarl

KMEINIGOTTOOMANYFRIGGINCARS
Lou W
Qarl Posted on Nov 28 2004, 10:19 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well.... all I can say is that my wife deserves it!

Very nice choice. I've owned the Toyota Tundra, looked at the Toyota Sequia, bought the Chevy Tahoe for my wife(Love It), next time I'm gonna buy the H2. Also own a 04 Chevy Silverado (Very Happy With It). I think you made a good choice beerchug.gif
boxsterfan
No. Phoenix gas for premium is ~$2.25/gal. I seriously doubt if H2's will be holding a 60% residual value in the next two years (or any of our other gas guzzlers.
Eric_Shea
Gint needs a Hummer today. He's trying to make it to this side of the Rockies. We got 9" last night. driving.gif
Qarl
60% residual was determined by GMAC after 3 years. I'm not obligated to buy it for that. My wife usually trades for something new by then anyways. If it's worth 40%, I just return it. It's their loss, not mine. It just helped me a lot in the lease.

Despite all of the recent gas price hikes, our local dealer is stull pushing 50 to 60 H2s per month!

The other good new is that I can stick regular grade gas in it, vs. mid-grade or premium.

Our dealer recommended mid-grade on the Suburban. I average 15 mpg highway in it. Mid-grade is $2.09 here. Equals $0.1393 per mile

The H2 averages 12 mpg highway. Regular is about $1.95 here. Equals $0.1625 per mile.

Wifey averages 10,000 miles per year, so the extra consumption totals $232 per year to operate the Hummer.

It's not as bad as I thought. Believe me, I played around with all of the figures!
monkei
H2s are lame. Yuppy tanks they are, im tired of seeing stupid white men and women running around in the tri valley with 18-19" rims thinking theyre cool while unable to keep to their own damn lane. Look H2s are overpriced gm crap. They have destroyed the integrity of the hummer brand. My more than 10 year old FORD BRONCO with a 5 liter motor smoked that one of those POS's twice off the line. So much for the 6.0l motor and its "amazing torque". And i wont look like a yuppy asshole towing a trailer behind my truck either. SUVs are for mormon families and the like. I bought a TRUCK with a short wheelbase and 2 doors, the bronco came about before anyone had even coined the term 'SUV', and ill be doing whatever i can to distance my vehicle from the term as most of what ive seen called SUVs in the last few years are trash, M320s, FX45s, h2s, mercedes G-box-things, escalades, yukons, tahoes, i hate em all. ar15.gif
Aaron Cox
how do you really feel? biggrin.gif
nebreitling
doood, i'm struggling to find the connection between mormon families and SUV's...

get a real cause. givemebeer.gif
Meredith
QUOTE(monkei @ Nov 28 2004, 12:46 PM)
most of what ive seen called SUVs in the last few years are trash, M320s, FX45s, h2s, mercedes G-box-things, escalades, yukons, tahoes, i hate em all. ar15.gif

Do you really hate all SUVs or just those that aren't Ford? I notice you're not complaining about Explorers or Expeditions.

I don't mind the H2 from a distance. I actually like the look of it and I can admire the elements of the H1 that made it in. But I think I'd be scared to drive something that big. As long as you can handle the car (and afford it), I see nothing wrong with it. To each his own. When I need to be SuperMom, I think I'll go for the Range Rover. Not quite as big as the H2, but still stylish.

How does the H2 drive/handle?
Qarl
My more than 10 year old FORD BRONCO with a 5 liter motor smoked that one of those POS's twice off the line. So much for the 6.0l motor and its "amazing torque". And i wont look like a yuppy asshole towing a trailer behind my truck either. SUVs are for mormon families and the like. I bought a TRUCK with a short wheelbase and 2 doors, the bronco came about before anyone had even coined the term

Hey asshole!

My wife isn't a Mormon, she doesn't want to drive a 2-door pickup "TRUCK" with a bed on it, and she doesn't sit at red lights wanting to race people.

She wanted an SUV. She takes it shopping and runs errands.

You need to drink a beer3.gif.

You need more mueba.gif
nebreitling
QUOTE(Meredith @ Nov 28 2004, 01:15 PM)
When I need to be SuperMom, I think I'll go for the Range Rover.

nice taste, mer!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Nov 28 2004, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE(Meredith @ Nov 28 2004, 01:15 PM)
When I need to be SuperMom, I think I'll go for the Range Rover.

nice taste, mer!

should edit that to say "when im super mom, and have a very rich husband...." cool.gif
seanery
If I had the scratch right now I'd probably get a H2. I like the tonka truck styling. Had a Range Rover - CRAP! Never again, talk about depreciation ohmy.gif Let me tell you how much $ I spent on maintenance and repairs in the RRs 7th year of life ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Traded it for the Durango and couldn't have been happier biggrin.gif
Qarl
The Durango's are very nice. They have grown on me too. They have large SUV styling too...

Sean's is nice. It's good for hauling ice and beer and getting lost on the highway on-ramps.
Qarl
The Hummer is just a bling bling toy, 90% of the owners have a garage full of other toys too.

It CAN do some neat offroad stuff, but it's not meant to do everything the H1 does (which is really a military vehicle and costs twice as much). The salesman showed me a photo of an H2 some lady accidentally used to back up over a Lexus during a test drive. The rear of the H2 was actually up on the hood of the Lexus. Oops!

It's amazing how people are so quick to jump all over and slam the Hummer as a P.O.S. Those people must be really insecure. I never said we needed it for what a pickup truck does, or that it's suppoed to be the king of offroad vehicles. Read the first post. It's about an incredible deal through GMAC on this SUV!

I must like vehicles with controversial styling (914, Lotus Elise, new BMW 5-series, Hummer).

Did you know the H2 is a couple of inches shorter in length than a Honda Accord and only four inches wider than the Suburban?

And yes... it drives really nice. It is quieter inside then our Suburban, the pickup and acceleration is comparable to the Suburban. It turns quite nicely too. The interior is really comfortable and is what an SUV should be.

We looked at all of the SUV interiors at the auto show last Friday. I was not impressed at all witht he Ford Products. Too plasticy. I always look at the glove box door and see how flimsy it does or doesn't feel.

The GM and Dodge products were better. Nissan products looked very plasticy inside too.

I was, however, very impressed with the Toyota and Lexus interiors in their truck/SUV line.
machina
QUOTE(Qarl @ Nov 27 2004, 09:31 PM)
We have a Suburban now and love it

agree.gif

Just bought my 2001 Yukon XL after the lease was up. Never gave me any problems accept with a knock in the steering that they all seem to have.

Tows the racecar and hauls the wife and kids all over with room for everything else. I just put a set of the '05 17" wheels and tires on her. Looks like a new truck.

And yes, that is an Enzo in the foreground of this pic.
Hi_Fi_Guy
I saw the H3 in person yesterday at the Phoenix AutoShow. Body deisign is OK, not as good as the H2 but a nit rounder and softer... the family look is there and the wife thought it adorable. The interior looked boring, hope it was still a prototype. The lousy interior alone would kill about 50% of sales in my oppinion.

The H2 has a good design (as far as tying in to the H1) and the interior is unique and interesting looking. I think GM is losing sales on the MPG and the "image" created of the people who drive Hummers as beer swilling, gas guzzling, nascar watching, trailer trash with money (sort of like the image forced on many Porsche owners... we all must be rich snobish assholes).

If GM could eek out a few more MPG and work on the image issue of wanton consumption sales would easily double.

A comedian had a good joke about Hummer drivers. When they sign the paperwork they should be wacked on the back of the head only to wake up in Iraq. When they come to they are told, you can buy the Hummer, and drive it all you want, you just have to get the gas yourself.
Qarl
Quite a difference "perception" of the average H2 owner here...

I think GM is losing sales on the MPG and the "image" created of the people who drive Hummers as beer swilling, gas guzzling, nascar watching, trailer trash with money (sort of like the image forced on many Porsche owners... we all must be rich snobish assholes).

and then...

H2s are lame. Yuppy tanks they are, im tired of seeing stupid white men and women running around in the tri valley with 18-19" rims thinking theyre cool while unable to keep to their own damn lane...   And i wont look like a yuppy asshole towing a trailer behind my truck either. SUVs are for mormon families and the like."

Watch what sort of label you are putting on my wife guys!

finger.gif

Oh, and for the guy that thinks owning a 914 puts him in the same ballbark as the the whine and cheese crowd of rich-snobish assholes that own Porsches... I don't think so.

The 914 is a grass-roots hands on car that gets little respect in the Porsche community. It's image is improving, luckily.
monkei
im sorry i left out explorers, navigators, expeditions, excursions..... look everyones entitled to their opinions. i just resent GMs use of the Hummer name and think my bronco is cooler than an H2 or any of the other suv's i mentioned.

in all seriousness, having lived in a suburban community, i have a problem with suv's. theres too many, and it seems that a lot of the people driving em are doing so for reasons that are hard to justify. like going shopping and running errands in a 6 liter SUV thats as big as most lanes. Qarl, you can call me asshole all ya want. i never directly called your wife a mormon or a yuppy, its a reference to my perception of h2 owner/drivers, and i understand when your wife wants something she probably gets it (SUV). im not trying to make enemies, i just love talking shit when it comes to cars/trucks. its all opinion so pissoff.gif

as far as a 914 goes. im all about the fact that these cars were underappreciated in their time and have proven to be some of the most ax capable cars in existence. wine and cheese? hah! its a volkswagen! i dont care, one can join the PCA with a 914 and autocross it if they want respect from members of the porsche community.

in conclusion my Bronco is cooler than your H2. happy11.gif
BMartin914
My biggest complaint about the H2 was the fit and finish of the interior. For a 50-60K SUV, the interior felt like a Pontiac. A lot of plastic pieces and the vents and door handles felt very flimsy for a vehicle that costs so much.

This was when they FIRST came out. GM may have changed some of that by now, but I was not impressed.

The interior of a 20K Jetta seemed much better engineered and more solid. Kind of apples to oranges, but when you get inside, you're pretty much looking at the same things.
Qarl
The Interiors have improved over the past couple of years. My neighbor's 03 is a bit different then the '05.
Qarl
Monkei,

I appreciate your love for Ford Broncos, personally they're not for me.

I'm not trying to make "enemies" with anyone on this board either... but several of the posts on this thread can easily be perceived as a bit "disrespectful", including yours.

There is a way to make your point without sounding like an a$$ about it.

It's this type of, "My way is right and you suck" attitude that has made 914club a not-so-friendly place over the past 3-4 months.
boxstr
Okay I am curious, if you have a flat tire on a Hummer, who changes it?? It looks to me like you need a crane to left the spare and the flat tire.

There was also some talk of rust and corrosion on the undercarriage, or did that get taken care of??

See alot of them (hummers)in Calif. the ones that kill me are thes with 26 inch wheels that are slammed.

My 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, is still getting the job done for me, and I am going to be hard pressed to find an acceptable replacement.
CCLINTOEACHTHEREOWN
Lou W
synthesisdv Posted on Nov 28 2004, 0Just bought my 2001 Yukon XL after the lease was up. Never gave me any problems accept with a knock in the steering that they all seem to have.

Have had the same problem with my Tahoe, check with the dealer, there is a Service Bulleton recalling this with a replacement part, mine's on order.
Qarl Posted on Nov 28 2004, 05:13 PM It's this type of, "My way is right and you suck" attitude that has made 914club a not-so-friendly place over the past 3-4 months.
agree.gif
Rider914
When the hurricanes were coming this year we ran over and picked up a H2 for 2 weeks. Someone at work got a pickup stuck above the axels on our 5 mile dirt road to a remote site. We hooked the H2 up and pulled the PU like a slead. The 4 wheel drive does work.
vortrex
QUOTE(monkei @ Nov 28 2004, 12:46 PM)
H2s are lame. Yuppy tanks they are, im tired of seeing stupid white men and women running around in the tri valley with 18-19" rims thinking theyre cool while unable to keep to their own damn lane. Look H2s are overpriced gm crap. They have destroyed the integrity of the hummer brand. My more than 10 year old FORD BRONCO with a 5 liter motor smoked that one of those POS's twice off the line. So much for the 6.0l motor and its "amazing torque". And i wont look like a yuppy asshole towing a trailer behind my truck either. SUVs are for mormon families and the like. I bought a TRUCK with a short wheelbase and 2 doors, the bronco came about before anyone had even coined the term 'SUV', and ill be doing whatever i can to distance my vehicle from the term as most of what ive seen called SUVs in the last few years are trash, M320s, FX45s, h2s, mercedes G-box-things, escalades, yukons, tahoes, i hate em all. ar15.gif

who let another 14 year old on here??
monkei
christ! whatever. rolleyes.gif
STL914
This may or may not be of interest to you guys, found using Google:

Auto dealerships across the country are cashing in on a federal economic stimulus package signed into law by President Bush in late May, 2003. It contains what seems like a gift from Uncle Sam too good to be true. The $330 billion tax-cut plan allows small-business owners and the self-employed to write off the entire cost of vehicles that weigh 6,000 pounds or more.

That means doctors, lawyers and other self-employed professionals can buy a $75,000 Hummer H2, for example, and write off the purchase price as a business expense.

The Bush tax package raised the deduction for business equipment from $25,000 to $100,000. The tax cut was originally intended to help farmers and ranchers buy pickup trucks. But the evolution of SUVs, considered not cars but "light trucks," opened the way for other business owners to claim the deduction.
Root_Werks
My wife and I have a Cherokee classic, one of the last before the Liberty came out. Love it, tough as nails straight 6, 20mpg. Just one tough rig and not too big for her to drive around. This Jeep however was my second choice family SUV. I couldn't quite convince the wife to pick up one of these babies!

laugh.gif biggrin.gif boldblue.gif
jfort
i can't believe people pay that much for a vehicle that doesn't even have an independent rear suspension. h2 has nothing in common with a real hummer.
buck toenges
Qarl,
Don't you own your own business? Get a surburban or your h2 and write off the 50 grand it costs this year. The suv exemption for s- corps ends this year. If you want the ultimate suv get this one.
Buck
mattillac
WTF is that?
Rhodes71/914
Dan those Unimogs are awsome, had a friend that had one in Costa Rica. Lot's of rivers to cross in the rainy season. That thing could go anywhere.

As far as the H2 or any other LARGE SUV goes I just have one real bitch, just because you have a large car that does not give you the right to take up more than one parking place. Learn how to drive it and park it correctly and I have no problem.

Oh and by the way for all the rover bashers out there I have a '94 Land Rover Discovery that has 175,000 miles and going like a champ. Yes the 3.9 is not that fast but damn this thing will go anywhere, and I love pulling people out of the ditch in the winter.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 28 2004, 12:30 PM)
Gint needs a Hummer today. He's trying to make it to this side of the Rockies. We got 9" last night. driving.gif

I think I need a hummer too. No not the kind with four wheels. 9" I think somebody is bragging
GTeener
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 27 2004, 06:32 PM)
my uncle has a surplus h1 humvee... 30k out the door... 50 caliber not included

Now that's more like it!

Diesel?

The environmentalists would shut up if we drove biodiesel Hummers....maybe idea.gif

But I guess that would go against the typical finger.gif statement of the truck's (11 MPG) existence. lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.