Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Power to Fuel Pump - Got it, Stuck Relay..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
I have the same issue's a s warren and have been debugging.

However, I am doing it without an engine in the car.

My question is, are the starter, alternator, and regulator, needed to complete the fuel pump circuit?

(No, they are not needed.)
r_towle
It may, but you should see if you have power at the relay board with the key in the run position...
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 26 2013, 04:14 PM) *

It may, but you should see if you have power at the relay board with the key in the run position...

Have that Rich.
r_towle
Two fuses at the relay board, one is fuel pump, one if rear window defogger.

One relay on the board, should see power on terminal 85 or 87 depending upon year.

You may only see power for 1.5 seconds without the alternator creating a circuit...not really sure.
Is long enough to test it.

I think it may need the ecu in place also, that provides ground for many of the functions....a switched ground.
Rich
wndsnd
I have the carb jumper in anf no ecu. I wouldd suspect that the ecu does the 1.5 sec timing so with it grounded out I would think it would run

I suspect the board however I cleaned it off and traced the circuits and they all have continuity. I don't see anything obvious. Maybe a circuit is poor and won't hold amperage ?

All relays test ok as do fuses.

30 and 87 show 12v.

Fuel pump terminals give me odd voltage readings like over 100 volts.
r_towle
check the relay.
See if the trigger works inside.

Do your lights open when you pull the light switch?
If so, use one of those relays in place of the fuel pump relay.

rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.