Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barrett Jackson 2005
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hi_Fi_Guy
Here are the 914s Barrett Jackson has listed for Scottsdale 2005 so far.

1971 914 "Custom"
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scot...t.asp?id=179414

1973 1.7 w/ 2200 original miles & sratoga top (I'm pretty sure we have seen this car before)
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scot...t.asp?id=179450

1975 CSP racer
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scot...t.asp?id=179942
skline
I like the front of the 71 custom but the rest of the car............Eewww.
Aaron Cox
hey thats that really expensive ebay car! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

that red one...EWWWW icon8.gif f/g animal icon8.gif
jimtab
That car with 2200 miles on it appears to have a hellova lot of wear on the drivers side carpet for a couple thousand miles of use.
tod914
That car with 2200 miles on it appears to have a hellova lot of wear on the drivers side carpet for a couple thousand miles of use.

LMAO maybe steve should verify the odometer for us.
swood
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 27 2004, 11:04 PM)

LMAO maybe steve should verify the odometer for us.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Guud one! Wait a minute...

I'm just stevo. I know who you meant. I'm sure he's got a few of them to sell... pray.gif
hargray2
QUOTE(jimtab @ Nov 27 2004, 10:33 PM)

Those are aftermarket floormats. They are plush material--that's why they look worn compared to the carpet (two different textures). And they're dirty too.
ChrisReale
Looks like the 71 also has european front lenses...??
bwilless
The "Custom" sold for over 17K at a Jackson Auction! I got a 4 banger for sale.

Custom Sells for 17K
Dominic
On that 73' 1.7 with original 2200 miles... I thought that the 73' cars all had the 150mph Speedo? (That car has an old 120mph speedo.) Or was that just on the 2.0L cars?
I need a can of cheeze wiz to appreciate those other cars biggrin.gif
Can you say CHEEZY!
I like the part where is states that it won the Concourse d'legance.....in Utah. headbang.gif That explains everything! It was probably the only Porsche entered. chairfall.gif
wilchek
Correct me if I am wrong, but it also has gold lettering. Should be silver for a 73.
aylanco
Isn't that a Wheel Skin covering the steering wheel on the '73? Shouldn't need that after "only" 2,200 miles
vortrex
someone should repost the "2200 mile" thread to save us from going over all this one more time.
914rrr
The race car sold last year at the same auction for $5000 ish. Probably the same seller. It's not uncommon for "no reserve" cars to actually be bought by a buddy of the seller if it doesn't get up high enough. The same guy could also "bid up" the car if someone shows an interest. Back in the 80's I used to work the Tom Williams collector car auction every year in Louisville, Ky in Oct. Saw some pretty shady things going on, hopefully a lot better now. I do wish I had the coin back then, could've picked up on some massive deals. Ex: Lotus Europa twin cam, 12,000 orig miles, original tires & cosmic wheels, cool racetrack /press stickers on the windshield, nice car overall. high bid $1500, res of $2500. Contacted the seller 2 days afterwards, he traded it for a Triumph Spitfire and $500! Or the Detomaso Mangusta, no reserve, $2000!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.