Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheridan Front Spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsrfr
Considering the Sheridan front spoiler for Kermee...anyone with experience mounting this one....it's called "Fiberglass front spoiler stock 914" on their website. It appears to mount in place of the valance....is that correct? I'm DE'ing the car and finding some fidgety-ness at 120-130mph...there's a pic of the ducktail and current front end on the Paddock forum....
MATTYLITE
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ May 27 2013, 12:13 PM) *

Considering the Sheridan front spoiler for Kermee...anyone with experience mounting this one....it's called "Fiberglass front spoiler stock 914" on their website. It appears to mount in place of the valance....is that correct? I'm DE'ing the car and finding some fidgety-ness at 120-130mph...there's a pic of the ducktail and current front end on the Paddock forum....

Roger @ Sheridan, fiberglass' work is IMO the best for the 914. He leaves all of his pieces to dry in their molds for double the time duration than usually needed to ensure perfect quality and fitment for each application. Couldn't tell you specifics on this piece exactly, but only the buying experience and quality of the full wide body kit I bought from him.
carr914
Don't know anything about the Spoiler, but dealing with Roger is a Pleasure to deal with. He'll talk to you about your needs & the product. He makes Products to order, so he doesn't have inventory sitting around. I ordered a Rear Spoiler last Monday & it was made, then shipped out Friday.
carr914
I just got my Sheridan Rear Spoiler - A Very Nice Piece & light as a feather!
rfuerst911sc
OK someone post a link please ! I'm curious about the front spoiler.
gms
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ May 27 2013, 02:13 PM) *

finding some fidgety-ness at 120-130mph

Have you checked the alignment?
carr914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ May 31 2013, 06:39 PM) *

OK someone post a link please ! I'm curious about the front spoiler.

http://www.sheridanmotorsports.com/porsche914.html
slothness
Snow Plow...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry136375

Here he takes some measurements too... I almost bought this one, but went with the Renegade Hybrids version which wasn't as low to the ground and has the opening for the rad. But for DE this might be up your alley.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=145514
campbellcj
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ May 27 2013, 12:13 PM) *

I have one, which I mounted using dzus fasteners for quick removal for trailing. It is a nice piece, clean mold and light weight. Roger is a straight-up guy to do business with.
wndsrfr

I have one, which I mounted using dzus fasteners for quick removal for trailing. It is a nice piece, clean mold and light weight. Roger is a straight-up guy to do business with.

Wow, already got it...you're right about Roger being great to work with. Get this...phone call to him answered 30 minutes later & he answers all my questions. Discussing shipping cost from CA to VA, he mentions that he supplies "Performance Products" on the East Coast & shipping should be less from them. Well...a call to them (website directs me to Automotion/Eckler's) reveals that they have one in stock in FL. I select ordinary ground shipping which costs about the same as the Memorial Day discount of 10% they were running. TWO DAYS later I have it! And it's a beautiful piece.
Now, on to mounting....would like to see a close up pic of the Dzus option & how you locate the fasteners...
wndsrfr
OK, here's kermee with the Sheridan mounted...got 5 inches clearance with the 225x50x15's but that'll drop by nearly an inch with the RA1's......
campbellcj
Looking good! Sorry I cannot find a close-up of how I mounted it, and my car has been living at the shop for a long, long time so I can't snap new ones at the moment. You can kinda see here there are dzus fasteners on the outside, below where the side markers would be, and then two rivnut+screw mounts in the center near the oil cooler ducting.

IPB Image
914R at Streets of Willow by cjcam, on Flickr

This setup has worked well for me and I used it on all 3 spoiler setups (small, medium, large):

IPB Image
914 Front spoilers by cjcam, on Flickr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.