Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -4 Fuchs Make Over
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
I just picked up a set of -4 Fuchs and am wondering who to take them too and what I should ask them too do....bead blast the centers, polish petals and reanodize.
Ok,I'm ready for recommendations.
Thanks in advance. piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
Weidman wheels. Orville CA
mharmon
+1 - it's not even a close call
Tom_T
agree.gif ... & Al Reed in Anaheim - both do great work!

Al is a little closer to you to save shipping if you take them & pick-up. He can do resto per original or polished or .... ???? - just tell him what you want.
I'm aware of the two that have been suggested so far. Are there any others ( especially in LA area) out there other than Wheel Enhancement ( old Robert Wood ) and Highland Plating ?
Thanks
ConeDodger
I would stick within the parameters already outlined for restoration and probably polishing. As an example, I used a local shop I found by googling wheel polishing for some Panasports I bought for the 240Z. $225 for all four and done in a week. Result? Just short of unacceptable. Ok for track wheels and cheap but...
Thanks for the advice..I've used 3 of the 4 listed above. Ended up with mixed results.
I'm looking for some possible new site in the LA area where I can drop off to ensure things are taken care of.....I just might have to ship wheels up North.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(396 @ May 27 2013, 08:35 PM) *

Thanks for the advice..I've used 3 of the 4 listed above. Ended up with mixed results.
I'm looking for some possible new site in the LA area where I can drop off to ensure things are taken care of.....I just might have to ship wheels up North.

I would just 'shuttle' them up. Harvey has been known to pick up and drop off wheels at locations quite remote to his Oroville shop. For instance, IPB Autosport in Sacramento. Put out the word that you need something brought North and someone here will be heading up soon. SoCal Andy brought a spoiler and valance up from Vista to Tahoe for me. As long as you're flexible, you shouldn't have to pay to ship them... Harvey and his brother Al have both been to Original Customs in Sonoma a few times too.
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 27 2013, 09:56 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ May 27 2013, 08:35 PM) *

I would just 'shuttle' them up. Harvey has been known to pick up and drop off wheels at locations quite remote to his Oroville shop. For instance, IPB Autosport in Sacramento. Put out the word that you need something brought North and someone here will be heading up soon. SoCal Andy brought a spoiler and valance up from Vista to Tahoe for me. As long as you're flexible, you shouldn't have to pay to ship them... Harvey and his brother Al have both been to Original Customs in Sonoma a few times too.

Thanks for the advice- I do have to go to Stockton in July and I'm in no hurry too.
IPB Autosport- yaa that's it.
Thanks again piratenanner.gif
mtndawg
Yes! Weidman Wheels does amazing work.
Eric_Shea
Harvey...
johnpierre
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 27 2013, 04:15 PM) *

agree.gif ... & Al Reed in Anaheim - both do great work!

Al is a little closer to you to save shipping if you take them & pick-up. He can do resto per original or polished or .... ???? - just tell him what you want.

I need some wheel work done as well. Anaheim is not that far from me do you have the contact info for Al Reed?
Rav914
No one's mentioned it, or asked, what's your time frame?

If unlimited, Harvey's your guy. If you'd like your wheels back within a year, you might want to send them to Al Reed.

I've had two sets done by Al. Here's the 914 wheels. I think they look great and it only look about six months.

Here's a little update on my quest to have my-4 Fuchs refinished .
* called and left two messages for Harvey to return my call. One time I even spoke to a girl...and left a message if they can rerun call....in total, I called about 7 times. It's been two weeks now and no call. I figured that if they are that busy and don't have the courtesy to return call. I don't need to tender my business to them...especially if I had an issue and are not local.

* I finally took my wheels to Al's and met Diane. She assured me of process , she even showed me a set that's I the reto process.

Now this is just my criteria others my differ.

Harvey Weidman
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you. We have been over whelmed with requests and try to answer messages as soon as we can. We get over 100 per week an they frequently take a bit of time to answer.
After dealing with the flu after Phoenix show I was out for more than 5 weeks so my returns got really behind.

Al and Diane are great people and I recommend them frequently to people looking for options.
I have known them since 1979 after buying the business from my brother.
Our anodizing process differs some so the finish is different.
Ours is closer to original but theirs is for sure a good look.
H
SKL1
Weidman +100. Did my 6X16 Fuchs for my restoration. Beautiful work, didn't seem to take that long but I wasn't in a hurry. Car still up in the air!

Now I have to find a place I can trust to mount the tires!!!!
pete000
Al Reed did mine and I am very happy!
QUOTE(Harvey Weidman @ Jun 12 2013, 09:13 AM) *

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you. We have been over whelmed with requests and try to answer messages as soon as we can. We get over 100 per week an they frequently take a bit of time to answer.
After dealing with the flu after Phoenix show I was out for more than 5 weeks so my returns got really behind.

Al and Diane are great people and I recommend them frequently to people looking for options.
I have known them since 1979 after buying the business from my brother.
Our anodizing process differs some so the finish is different.
Ours is closer to original but theirs is for sure a good look.
H

H,

Thanks, maybe next time.
Enjoy
MoveQik
You won't regret using Al. He did mine and they looked like jewelry when they came back. wub.gif

Socalandy
Another look at Al's work drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.