Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Videos: Carolinas PCA Sommerfest Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
Videos of a couple runs that we took. Autocross was on an old abandoned airstrip, so it was a little rough but really not that bad. Very easy course on purpose - our AX chair is trying to get more people involved and most like easier, flowing courses, not the tight very technical stuff.

I posted a question back a while ago about a taller 2nd gear. I hit the rev limiter in 2nd about 3 times per lap and lost a lot of time as I 'coasted'. Later in the day, I shifted to 3rd, but the car bogged down way too much in 3rd. It needed 2nd most of the time except for a few places.

I got either the 2nd or 3rd fastest time of the day, and around a second from FTD. Taller 2nd would have helped...

Nadine's run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxuK2CIs0MA

My run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAJ-KUfo3QM
mskala
QUOTE(naro914 @ May 28 2013, 05:45 PM) *

Videos of a couple runs that we took. Autocross was on an old abandoned airstrip, so it was a little rough but really not that bad. Very easy course on purpose - our AX chair is trying to get more people involved and most like easier, flowing courses, not the tight very technical stuff.

I posted a question back a while ago about a taller 2nd gear. I hit the rev limiter in 2nd about 3 times per lap and lost a lot of time as I 'coasted'. Later in the day, I shifted to 3rd, but the car bogged down way too much in 3rd. It needed 2nd most of the time except for a few places.

I got either the 2nd or 3rd fastest time of the day, and around a second from FTD. Taller 2nd would have helped...

We run on an airstrip up here, that looks very familiar. I have 215/40/16 tires
with stock GA 2nd and can get to exactly 60mph at 7100 redline (2.2L ~E engine).
Some courses I felt like a higher 2nd would be better, but some not. Course
designs are always different, I don't think it pays to worry about the GA which is
a pain to deal with. Change tire diameter or get a higher revving motor biggrin.gif

Here is one of my runs from last week for reference.
NERPCA 05-19-13, in-car

rick 918-S
driving-girl.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.