Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: she's got new rims/tires how do you like them ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
A few weeks ago I ordered some Bridgestone Potenza RE11's for my GT clone.They are 225/50 + 245/45 x 16 on some BBS wheels I picked up a few years ago. They are 7/8 " and I think they look pretty good. They are the same offset as 911 Fuchs so no spacers needed. Today I took her out for the maiden voyage on these tires and even though they have mold release compound on them they stick very well. I snapped a few pics, how do you like the look ?
BajaXJ92
thumb3d.gif
Bob L.
They go well with the yellow. Niiiice!!!
d914
sweet!!!
FAT DANNY
nice...tires look good too.
URY914
Lookin' good. beerchug.gif
bcheney
They look great Rick. Glad to hear that you are keeping the clone exercised! BBS are cool!!
Woody
Looks good bud.
carr914
piratenanner.gif
tomeric914
Are those the Bridgestone RE-11's that TireRack no longer carries? dry.gif
worn
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ May 28 2013, 03:54 PM) *

A few weeks ago I ordered some Bridgestone Potenza RE11's for my GT clone.They are 225/50 + 245/45 x 16 on some BBS wheels I picked up a few years ago. They are 7/8 " and I think they look pretty good. They are the same offset as 911 Fuchs so no spacers needed. Today I took her out for the maiden voyage on these tires and even though they have mold release compound on them they stick very well. I snapped a few pics, how do you like the look ?

I want those wheel!! drooley.gif
JawjaPorsche
Matches your 914 perfectly! Good Score! beerchug.gif
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ May 29 2013, 09:48 AM) *

Are those the Bridgestone RE-11's that TireRack no longer carries? dry.gif

Don't know I ordered these from a local Tires Plus dealership, took them 4-5 days to get.
1stworks
Fantastic,love the bbs!!
carr914
Rick, I've got some BBS/Mahles 15"s coming for my Spyder. They are presently in Primer and I'm debating doing the Centers in Gold like yours (70's Old School) or Body Color.
Jgilliam914
I've never been a fan of these BBS wheels but I will say it is a good look on the yellow!
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 30 2013, 05:34 AM) *

Rick, I've got some BBS/Mahles 15"s coming for my Spyder. They are presently in Primer and I'm debating doing the Centers in Gold like yours (70's Old School) or Body Color.

TC in my opinion they look good in body color. I think the OEM gold looks good on my car only because it is yellow. To my eye they don't look dated but on some cars they look dated. I didn't paint mine only becuase when I bought them a few years ago they had already been refinished and I thought it would be a waste to redo them.
monkeyboy
Those old BBS's seem to be a love it or hate it thing. Personally, I love them on an old Porsche. They look great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.