Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New parts that I'm making - Carpet grommets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I have finished the tooling for the pedals and I'm working on the tooling for the small grommets that actually hold the front carpets in place. They're about 4 weeks out.

The good news is the the small ones will be retrofit-able to install in any carpet you have that doesn't have them. I made he large ones for James specifically, but if you want them they are available.

They can be glued or sewn it.

These are in the next run of parts. I intended to make them exclusive to the carpets we were making, but decided that it's better that they're available to anyone who needs them.

-Mark
Mikey914
These are the ones that aren't ready yet, but I'm working on - the small ones.
euro911
idea.gif
I'll buy enough to do two cars, please
Mikey914
Yes I will sell to ANYONE
tomeric914
$2.99 apiece or for a set of 4 for the small ones? Looking forward to these!
Mikey914
I realize that more people will be interested when they can see the finished part, I should have the 1st part in about 14 days.

These will keep your carpets from sliding around the way the factory intended.
jim_hoyland
What do the gromment attach to ? I don't remember seeing anything; a picture ?
Mikey914
These are where they attach.
Mikey914
another view
nathansnathan
Can you make beige ones?
Mikey914
I could but the cost would be for an entire batch, so I'd yes but the cost would be about $9 each if I did 100 (25 sets). So how interested are you and anyone else need the beige?

nathansnathan
I'm a bit confused about prices and quantities. I believe there are 2 big ones and 4 small total?

So at $9 each for the small ones in beige, $36 a set. Somewhat painful, but I could swing it.

And 2 big ones, in beige? biggrin.gif -Price seems x3, I guess?

Are there 25 914's that have beige carpets in existence? hissyfit.gif biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Actually, it will not be as bad as a set I can burn up more material and I'll only have one changeover, so the price gets better.

As far as color goes, I was thinking more of a tan, like the edge binding vinyl so they would match.

The math would be -
Tan /Beige 4 small at $6 = $24 ( this many get better if enough people need these).
2 large at $10, so $20
making a complete set $44 in beige/tan

in Black
All the above is $20.76 + shipping.

the costs may get better on the Beige / tan, it just adds up when you change color and you're not doing quantity.
andys
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 28 2013, 10:33 PM) *

These are the ones that aren't ready yet, but I'm working on - the small ones.

I don't see the price on the carpet retainers ($2.99 ea. ??), but when they're ready, I'd like a set of four in black. I hate how the carpets slide around!!

Andys
nathansnathan
Sounds good to me.
I am definitely in for a full set of beige/tan!
pete000
NICE !
tod914
Nice work Mark!!! Huge plus for aftermarket carpet sets.
Mikey914
The each price is in the title $2.99 for the small black ones. If I can get enough interest in the tan ones I'll do them. I'll use them eventually I guess.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 29 2013, 12:40 PM) *

another view

Nice pics, thank you. Where should I look to see them ; under the seat ?
Mikey914
These are in front of the bar that runs door to door that the front of the seat rests on. They're on the floor pan right under the seats. You can see the seat rail in one of the pictures.
euro911
My wife's car would be using black ones ... still thinking about the beige for my car idea.gif

I could always do black on my tan carpets if you don't get enough requests to bring the $ down on the beige ones.
Niklas
I will take 2 black sets
gcrotvik
I will take 2 black sets also.
Rob-O
So Mark, just to confirm, new carpet sets from you/Morph will now have these grommets installed when we receive them?
914werke
good question!
aharder
I'll take 2 large and 4 small biggrin.gif
Valy
How about brown??
VoPo914
I'll take 2 large and 4 small in Black.
Highland
I need 1 large and 4 small. Just ordered the snorkel and eyebrow grommets from 914rubber and was wondering if you could combine shipping?
Socalandy
one set please
Harpo
I would also like a set in tan

Thanks

DAvid
euro911
Mark,

I was cleaning out my PMs and ran across an order for some parts that I didn't [officially] place. I'm planning to place the order, but want to add the carpet grommets to it.

I need the large carpet grommets for the pedal arms and the small round ones for the rear 'catch pins' (enough to do one car).

So, as I understand it, I need to order two (2) large and four (4) small grommets? (for $20.76)?

The complete order:

(1) Eyelid grommet sets ........... 4.99
(1) Snorkel tubes ....................... 28.00
(1) Side shifter bellows .............. 8.20
(1) full set carpet grommets . 20.76

Sub T ............................................... 61.95
Shipping ........................................... 6.00

TOTAL ............................................ $67.95

Is this total correct? confused24.gif

Mikey914
The total is correct, only the other group buys have closed. I run these to return cash into the tooling side faster. The idea is to not have them coming in for weeks or months after and give some incentive to purchase these during the group buy. I know the postage can add up, and I try to do several at a time to make it worthwhile.

Not trying to be a jerk, but if I don't close the group buys eventually, why bother to follow through.

I'll cover you on these at this price this time. And yes you are correct on the cost.

I'm trying to have the Carpet grommets ready with the turn signal boots and rear trunk lock gasket. The shock towers may be ready about the same time.

It's hard to make it all come together at once.

Thanks,
Mark
euro911
I haven't been spending as much time on this board as I used to, or following the GB threads, so I apologize for my tardiness headbang.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ May 29 2013, 12:42 PM) *

Can you make beige ones?

agree.gif

I'll add to that for 1 full set & maybe enough others will chime in for a sub-group-buy! biggrin.gif

Otherwise put me down for a full set enough for 1 914 of both sizes/types of carpet grommets in Beige.

Thanx! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mikey914
Had to re do the small ones as I didn't have enough relief on these for the carpet, but I really like the way these fit.

Also check out my nipples
Mikey914
In carpet
Mikey914
IN car
914four
Count me in for a set.
sbsix
Mark, include 2 large and 4 small black with everything else! I'm trying to keep up with you!
euro911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 1 2013, 12:45 AM) *
... Also check out my nipples
Don't let Dave (Balljoint) see this laugh.gif
Mikey914
These can be retrofitted to any carpet but will be a standard on my carpets when in production.
Mikey914
These will start shipping out beginning of the week.
914werke
Sweet! I need 2 full sets, pedal slots & floor posts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.