Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What To Do
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmalone
So... among a long list of other re-conditioning projects that I am completing on my 76 is reconditioning the fuek system. The tank was boiled out and repainted. Tunnel lines have been converted to CPR stainless. All rubber fuel lines, inlet strainer sock, filter, tank, vent hoses, tank gaskets and sender gaskets replaced.

Right before the expansion tank went on a moth flew into the tank and disappeared behind the baffle never to be seen again. wacko.gif

1) Do I pull the tank and try to flush out the carcass (with water I suppose) and then try to dry the tank again.

2) Do I leave the doomed creature in the tank and rely on the filters and strainers to separate the bug parts from the fuel before the body parts contaminate my newly rebuilt injectors.

I am on my way to buy beer so that suggestion is not necessary. beer3.gif
BajaXJ92
Was the tank dry inside when the moth flew in?

If so, try shooting some compressed air down into the tank and see if you can get the little bastard within sight. confused24.gif
TravisNeff
I am sure it will melt away with the fuel in short order...
jmalone
the tank is dry I might try air. I thought of a shop vac but then thought I would never know for sure if I sucked it up. I guess I could really clean the Vac beforehand.
Jmedeiros
Since you just recently did this, do you remember the size of the fuel lines coming off the bottom of the tank? I have one that needs to be treated and all the articles recommend replacing the fuel lines but, neglect to tell you what size they are.
Thanks!!
euro911
I guess it would depend on the size of the moth ... I've seen some as large as sparrows blink.gif
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(Jmedeiros @ May 29 2013, 02:28 AM) *

Since you just recently did this, do you remember the size of the fuel lines coming off the bottom of the tank? I have one that needs to be treated and all the articles recommend replacing the fuel lines but, neglect to tell you what size they are.
Thanks!!

I HIGHLY recommend replacing the fuel lines if they're in question or original.

Much cheaper than a fire and you've got peace of mind.

Tangerine Racing makes a great kit.

http://www.tangerineracing.com/stainlessfuellines.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.