Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KYB rear shock spacers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
Bought a set of NOS KYB rear shocks and mounted them.

The bottom of the shock where they bolt onto the Trailing Arm assembly looks rather odd.

Is there supposed to be spacers on that lower bolt?

If so (what I presume and since I don't have them), is there something to use instead or can they be found somewhere?

headbang.gif

Thanks,

Len

Click to view attachment
Krieger
FWIW my Koni sport shocks are 50mm wide at the bottom where the bolt goes through. It looks like your bottom bolt is stock. Maybe loosen that nut and take out that bolt and see where that shock sets. If the shock hangs right next to the trailing arm or the spacer they put on and the bolt is long enough your good. You don't want the shock compressing at an angle.
lsintampa
QUOTE(Krieger @ May 29 2013, 10:19 PM) *

FWIW my Koni sport shocks are 50mm wide at the bottom where the bolt goes through. It looks like your bottom bolt is stock. Maybe loosen that nut and take out that bolt and see where that shock sets. If the shock hangs right next to the trailing arm or the spacer they put on and the bolt is long enough your good. You don't want the shock compressing at an angle.

Bolts are long enough and they seem to line up ok. Worry is if they can shift left to right along the bolt path???
Krieger
Buy some better shocks...
jcd914
QUOTE(lsintampa @ May 29 2013, 07:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Krieger @ May 29 2013, 10:19 PM) *

Bolts are long enough and they seem to line up ok. Worry is if they can shift left to right along the bolt path???

As long as the bolt can be and is torqued properly the base of the shock won't move side to side until the rubber bushing fails.

Jim

Personally I am not a fan of KYB shocks, ride quality is poor but the price is good.

914Sixer
That is the way they mount up. All the other shocks use a wider base mount, that is why the KYB looks odd.
mepstein
QUOTE(Krieger @ May 30 2013, 12:55 AM) *

agree.gif If they were free, they cost too much.
carr914
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 30 2013, 09:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Krieger @ May 30 2013, 12:55 AM) *

agree.gif If they were free, they cost too much.

agree.gif agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.